PDA

View Full Version : Old Wagner Electric Corp R-I motor need brush springs

Ram
09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Have older repulsion start induction run Wagner electric motor. It has a broken brush spring. Does anyone have a source for NOS parts?

Frame 204, Type KA, 1 H.P., Model: Z40B399K1277, 1750 RPM, 1 phase, 110/220 VAC, 12.8A/6.4A.

Motor runs on 220 right now, just needs some psi relieved from air tank before it will start up.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Ram_/IMG_0209.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Ram_/IMG_0217.jpg

MaxHeadRoom
09-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Not sure if they can fix you up, but try Helwig Carbon, They have solutions for some of the older equipment.
Also try local rewind shops.
Max.

Ram
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Not sure if they can fix you up, but try Helwig Carbon, They have solutions for some of the older equipment.
Also try local rewind shops.
Max.

Thanks Max, will give them a shout.

darryl
09-12-2010, 10:14 PM
If you don't have any luck finding them, you can always pick up a piece of music wire from a hobby shop and wind your own. The biggest trick to that for such a small spring would be to get the diameter of the coil right after springback from winding. A few tests winding a turn or two on some different diameters will have you in the ballpark. If you use music wire of the same diameter as the springs you have, the tension would be about the same, and a bit of work with needlenose pliers will have the shape right.

Ram
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM
If you don't have any luck finding them, you can always pick up a piece of music wire from a hobby shop and wind your own. The biggest trick to that for such a small spring would be to get the diameter of the coil right after springback from winding. A few tests winding a turn or two on some different diameters will have you in the ballpark. If you use music wire of the same diameter as the springs you have, the tension would be about the same, and a bit of work with needlenose pliers will have the shape right.

Just might end up doing that. Have sent several questions off to spring shops hope to have some info back from them soon. Mostly would hate to send my only good spring as a sample and not get anything back period! I have heard back from some motor repair centers the NOS springs are obsolete. :mad: