PDA

View Full Version : Milling machine upgrade

klemchuk
09-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Accurite's Millpwr CNC upgrade for Bridgeports and clones threof?

Uncle O
09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
We have an older 2 axis setup at work that I run........
What did you want to know about it ?

fastheads
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I own a millpwr 3 axis control on a Kent mill. They are a wonderful control for prototype's and one offs. You can have operations in your program as 3 axis events and then have some that are 2 all in the same program. Very easy to learn and they are pretty much problem free. I have also run g code on my mill and had good luck with that. You can't edit g code at the control witch can be a pain but you just work around it. If you have any question ask away I been running them for about ten years.

lakeside53
09-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I just bought a 3 axis verision on a BP... However, I have Zero experience with it - won't even get to play until next week.

I know of some local shops that have it installed. They like it, so I guess I will :)

What I liked was that it has three modes -manual, conversational and "g code interface". A great deal of what I do can be handled with the conversational mode, but I smell Mastercam on my horizon..

However... I would not buy a new package to put on a BP though - way too expensive -I see real cnc knee mills "like new" at auction for substantially less $$$$.