PDA

View Full Version : bridgeport knock off, i guess

getrdun
09-20-2010, 11:11 AM
anyone ever heard of an INDUMA milling machine? i think it's italian and not sure if repair parts readily available. :confused: help please (thanks)

Toolguy
09-20-2010, 11:19 AM
I've used an Induma before. That one was fairly poor quality. I think they are made in India. That was a few years back. Newer ones might be better.

A.K. Boomer
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Years ago when I was mill hunting on E-bay on ran across a few of them, They look to be solid machines but don't know about parts... I think your right about them being Italian built.

Willy
09-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I've used one a number of years ago and as I remember it was definitely a notch above a Bridgeport in quality, very well built.

They are indeed Italian.
Having never tried to acquire parts I can't say how available they are, but they are available.:)

http://www.induma.net/ricambi_eng.htm

Mark McGrath
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Limy Sami over on PM has one.I think he`s very happy with it.

getrdun
09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Limy Sami over on PM has one.I think he`s very happy with it.
thank you, i sent sami a pm.

x39
09-20-2010, 01:57 PM
I've run across a couple of them in various shops I've worked in, never had any bad experiences with them.

sconisbee
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Spoke to Sami a couple of weeks ago, and we talked a little about the induma he has and as mark says he seems very pleased with it. I almost bought one myself a while ago but it was thrashed beyond economical restoration for me at the time. so as with all the machines out there, its caveat emptor.

Walter
09-21-2010, 04:03 AM
I run an Induma 1S, very nice machine all in all. Parts are available, but costly as it is an italian made machine and the company is still out there. Be prepared for metric threads on the machine, not everything, but some.

getrdun
09-21-2010, 03:34 PM
i pm'd sami and he helped me decide on where i'm going with this. thanks again, everyone

hardtail
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
If you end up getting this please post some pics, I recently acquired a Supermill J, square ways, taper 40, 3hp that also has little info and some said was Italian and closely related to the Indumas......definately a beefy unit.

lane
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Induma is out of business. But I under stand some parts can still be gotton.

polepenhollow
09-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I have used Induma's in various shops. They seemed to very nice machines.

K Liv

A.K. Boomer
09-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Induma is out of business. But I under stand some parts can still be gotton.

That sucks -- my dream was to someday own a mill from the old country (and retro it out with a VFD):p

8ntsane
09-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I have a Induma 9X42 mill vari-speed head, I have had no troubles with mine.
Lane says they are out of biz, but the web site is still up www.Induma.it Im not so sure they have closed there doors, years ago people were saying the same thing. I have bought a few things from them, but not in the last couple of yrs. Email them, they are slow to respond, but were still up and running, as far as I know.

Yow Ling
09-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Ive got a 1S its great ! It recently got through our big earthquake without falling over , which shows it has great balance and poise. I have a parts manual and a sales brochure if you need them. Not really much to go wrong with them.i think the Bridgeport may be a cheap Induma knockoff.

Mark McGrath
09-22-2010, 08:49 AM
.i think the Bridgeport may be a cheap Induma knockoff.

Has Sir John came back under an alias? :D

Mark.

H8Allegheny
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I've had an Induma 1-S for five years now - beats any BP J-head hands down. They are heavier and far more rigid (still can't touch my Van Norman, though). As an example, with a 48" table, you can get close to 30" of travel out of a BP, but the extra-wide and rigid knee on the Induma limits it to 22" or so. SOME parts will interchange with BP - but not the tables (DAMHIKT).

Induma is indeed still in business, but you need to call Guido on the Tuesday following a full moon, but only between 00:03 and 00:32 hours GMT. Oh, and he usually takes Tuesdays off to visit his grandmother in Genoa.

If anyone has a parts or instruction manual, it would be very helpful and appreciated if they could scan and post it somewhere!!

Brian
Taxachusetts

Yow Ling
09-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Heres the Induma brochure, maybe it is readable , not too flash on this scanning business

http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae234/YowLingRacing/induma/

H8Allegheny
09-24-2010, 08:29 PM
That Induma brochure is one I've never seen before - thank you for posting.

I converted it to a pdf document and collated the pages - unfortunately, virtually all the lettering is illegible. Is there any chance you can rescan at a higher resolution (say into a pdf at 300 dpi)?

Thanx,

Brian

Yow Ling
09-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Ill have another go later, also have a parts / service manual

H8Allegheny
09-25-2010, 08:47 AM
The Parts/Service manual would be worth its weight in platinum! I know quite a few, including myself, that have been looking for one for years.

Brian