PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 2H

Fasttrack
09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I may have to let go of the Milwaukee 2H mill to make room for this new K&T 2D that I bought. I really wanted to restore this machine; it's a fantastic size and very aesthetically pleasing.

I'm not promising anything, but I was wondering if any members here had any input on the situation. If there is someone who will restore it properly, I could probably let it go for next to nothing. I'm not trying to sell it, I just want to find it a home. I'd like to get my 100 bucks back out of it :p

Alternatively, I may end up parting it out. If there is anyone here who is in the process of restoring one of these machines, let me know! I'll be happy to pull some parts for you. Otherwise, I may end up selling the parts on ebay.

I dunno - just kicking around some ideas at the moment. I may end up keeping it, yet. You all know how I hate to give up a machine :D

Fasttrack
09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Maybe I should add a picture ;)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/fasttrack237/Milwaukee%202H/P1010058.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/fasttrack237/Milwaukee%202H/P1010061.jpg

BadDog
09-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Why a second 2D? I would think the better combo would be the 2H +2D, not 2 * 2D. Anyway, if you were closer AND I had more room, I would love to have that machine. :(

drof34
09-24-2010, 03:47 PM
I may have to let go of the Milwaukee 2H mill to make room for this new K&T 2D that I bought. I really wanted to restore this machine; it's a fantastic size and very aesthetically pleasing.

Are you being honest with us? I looked at all the pictures and I don't know that I have ever seen so much floor space.

Seriously, I wanted a K&T vertical for years to go with my K&T 2HL universal. If I had that, then I would have a Bridgeport drill press.

Unfortunately, at my age/health, I need to be getting rid of everything.

Jim

john hobdeclipe
09-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I may end up keeping it, yet. You all know how I hate to give up a machine :D

From what I've seen in some previous posts that seems to be a pretty big building. Just drag all of your brother-in-law's farm stuff out into the yard and fill it up with machines.

Fasttrack
09-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Just drag all of your brother-in-law's farm stuff out into the yard and fill it up with machines.

:D I don't think that would go over too well with the boss-man.

Baddog - Right now, I'm renting floor space from my BIL. Along the way, he fell in love with the 2D and decided he needs to keep one for himself once I move away and get my own place (which should happen in the next 2-3 years!).

Anyway, I've been doubling up machines. I've got two 16" Pacemakers and now two 2D's so when I leave, he'll have a set for himself. I've also got my 14" Pacemaker project, my 26" Bertram shaper project, and my 24" Avey drill press project taking up floor space in another building. I'm not sure he'll let me keep the 2H as a project, also ;)

I would absolutely LOVE to have a 2D, a 2H and Bridgeport. I'd like to add a horizontal mill in there, too. But ... it may just not be possible right now.

ARFF79
09-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Must... fight... it... Old ...Iron ..fever...! It is a shame that you are so far away, that mill would go great with my 2H horizontal though I do not know how I would sqeeze it in, plus S.W.M.B.O. would either leave me or shoot me, it would be a toss-up at this point.