Clear All
  • wierdscience
    • Jan 2003

OT: Should be an intresting story

One of those times where there are lots of questions

I just need one more tool,just one!
  • ADGO_Racing
    • Feb 2010

Something about that picture feels "Photoshopped"...

If it isn't.....It should be!

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
      • May 2006

Boy I'll say --- If it was just the strange kid in the tux and the UPS truck in the background I could see how that could transpire -- but you throw in the hand held sewing machine and the coincidence factor goes off the charts...

Don't know why but I find the whole thing disturbing...

Maybe that thing makes cappachino --- whatever it is it looks like he's holding it with an "air hoop"...

superimposed or not - somebody's got issues.

Comment

• rohart
        • Aug 2002

The steering wheel's on the left, so the picture wasn't taken in Britain ?
        Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
          • May 2006

Yet to me the kid reeks of britt... (no offense)

Im also having the tough time with the angle of the truck - if it is real I bet you could flip it over with your pinkie...

Comment

• Black_Moons
            • Aug 2009

I wonder how the truck got over a hill.. backwards, apparently 20' feet from the road. Or why someone tryed to drive it up the hill..
            Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

• MotorradMike
              • Nov 2009

Perhaps the white appliance in the lads hand is a modified Ruger.
              Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

• .RC.
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ADGO_Racing
                Something about that picture feels "Photoshopped"...

If it isn't.....It should be!
                I think it is photoshopped as well... Seems an unusual way to hold a heavier object...
                Precision takes time.

Comment

They say truth is stranger than fiction- this could be one of the situations that proves that saying true...LOL

Comment

• RobbieKnobbie
                    • Jan 2008

Why does it have to be photoshopped?

Speaking for myself at that age, if I saw a delivery truck sliding down a hill, I'd react by throwing on some formalwear and posing for pictures with whatever portable appliance was at hand. Honestly, wouldn't everybody?

Seriously, if he's a college kid confronted with a really random event like the truck accident, it only stands to reason that he's want pictures of himself adding more random events to the mix. I once shot a whole series of pictures of a beautiful old building, and in each shot - somewhere in the background - was a chocolate chip muffin. The pictures were a serious effort, but the temtation to do somethng stupid and random like that was just too much.

I wish I had a tux with me.

Comment

• oldtiffie
                      • Nov 1999

In a league of their own?

Well,

as they are 'merican cops and the truck is 'merican too, and as the tux'-wearing gent has a machine in his hand, it seems that he is just simply a 'merican machinist.

That machine does look like a BP mill though.

Perhaps he uses (a) good old 'merican iron to keep that 'tux-'n'-shirt nice.

He is obviously on the right path.

Are all 'merican machinists "Ivy-League" alumni? - or are they in a league of their own?

Comment

• Thruthefence
                        • Dec 2008

That 'machine', I believe is a small 'serger' similar to this one:

I agree that it looks like a difficult object to hold as shown.

But what's the point?

Maybe an "inside" joke?

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by AllThumbz
                          They say truth is stranger than fiction- this could be one of the situations that proves that saying true...LOL

Probably a simple explanation; The kids about to get married (hopefully to a gurl) They ordered the sewing machine to do some last second altercations to his brides wedding dress and were cutting it close on its delivery time (you have to admit the machine looks brand spanking new)

Just before the truck went off the cliff its last delivery was the bloke - He's simply taking the pic showing that even though the UPS truck is screwed he has the machine and the wedding will go on as scheduled - something to show his grandkids - but once again if the bride is a gurl...

Moral of the story; "what can brown do for you"

.................................................. ................
                          Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 10-08-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• camdigger
                            • Jul 2007

Speaking of pranks, this is an annual tradition. This time the went international

Disclaimer... I am NOT a UBC alumnus ( we had our own traditions)....
                            Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

Working...
                            X