PDA

View Full Version : OT: Choosing my first tattoo?

pgmrdan
12-05-2003, 11:22 AM

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-19-2004).]

IOWOLF
12-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Well dan , I have lived without a tat for 45 years, no harm done yet.

And i served in the navy.

Just my humble opinion.

JAY

pgmrdan
12-05-2003, 12:19 PM

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-08-2004).]

BFHAMR
12-05-2003, 12:25 PM

[This message has been edited by BFHAMR (edited 12-05-2003).]

ibewgypsie
12-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Off topic, but I'd like to say>>>>>>>>>

Before having something Pierced into "YOUR flesh" a little education from a artist of many years.

(1) Shop must not only have a autoclave at shop, but must use it, bagging seperate setup sterile tubes and needles for each customer. The old "I just set this machine up" Lie is used by many artist who have trouble tuning the machine. (must be tuned each time a different needle and tube is used) New needles are not clean till they have been autoclaved, someone made them, used silver solder on them too with flux.

(2) No animals at all in shop, clean, chair wiped each time. Use your nose to smell a nice hospital smell.

(3) Artist must appear clean, sober. (piercings and tattoos normal thou)

(4) of course gloves and other customer protection.

(5) Ink caps are disposable, ink bottles should appear clean also with no previous residue from handling.(transferred ink from previous tattoos) I prefer the Dynamic brand inks, they seem to be a polyester powder and heal up real fast. I recently purchased the "SHOW Quality Mario Barth" line of inks, they are brighter, win more shows, but heal slower. The old inks in the 70's some had mercury in them. Some were paint pigments. Anodized aluminum and titanium flakes.

Money is not a object, a good artist and shop may charge a little more but what you desire is "JUST a Quality tattoo" not any "extras" that might show up years to come. NO bargain shopping please or you might get one. Normal I charge $100 a hour, A hour will get you about 3-4 square inches of ink coverage.

Request Super-tight 3 needle liners, the lines seem to be aging pretty well. (10+ years) Your skin grows up and out.

David.

jfsmith
12-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I have lived for a few decades without a tat, but my girl friend has a cute butterfly, you guys can guess were.

Jerry

ZINOM
12-05-2003, 01:21 PM
A clean, dept. of health approved shop is where you start....then look over the artists portfolio to see the quality of her/his work.

Most of us are artists to begin with so if you have an unformed idea, a little discussion can yield a personally unique design that you won't see coming and going all around town...and will have more meaning to you.

Give enough thought to what you want on YOUR body and be open to guidance from your tattooer.....don't be strongarmed, but knowing what goes with what and where, is our job.

And with all due respect to Dave, if someone told me what kind of inks or needles to use, they would be crossing a line.....if you go to a professional shop, and select an artist whos work looks clean and solid, you can be fairly confident that the artist knows what tools to use for a particular task.....like I said, with all due respect to a senior tattooer.

Good luck, let us know how you make out!

John

p.s. if you want to email me for reputable shops in your area, I may be able to help.

pgmrdan
12-05-2003, 01:24 PM

lynnl
12-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Post pictures please Jerry. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

dbehsman
12-05-2003, 02:00 PM
I do not have a tattoo and have not studied the matter thoroughly, so I can not speak with authority. However, just some food for thought, when I was a kid (fourteen to be exact), I thought I would be really cool to have a big tattoo of a table saw with wings in the middle of my chest. Sometimes, I still think it would be cool.

------------------
NRA Life Member, and loving every minute of it!

Forrest Addy
12-05-2003, 02:31 PM
If you have to collect consensus maybe you're not ready for a tattoo.

Just remember tatoos are a lot easier to get than remove. Changing you mind is not an option.

Look at the people in the tattoo art magazines. Most of them are ugly and their tatoos made no improvement.

Listen to the Gypsie about cleanliness. Tattoo parlors are a great shopping place for nasty diseases. 8 or 10 cases of hepatitus were traced to a local shop.

Tatoos do blur and fade over time even with modern inks.

Sooner or later your tatto will be seen by someone having power to change your life; employer, constituency if you ever run for office (candidate ...has a tattoo of a skull and snake on his...), judge at a court proceeding, etc. Make sure it's a good one.

A fine handsome exuberant kid I knew went on around the world a few times as a hand on blue water raceing yechts. He came back from his last cruise with some startling Polynesian style tattooing on his cheekbones and around his eyes, a product of too much New Zealand beer, bad friends, and an unspent bonus in his pocket. His mother was furious which is how I heard about it.

The kid went off to school and came back with an MBA and scholastic honors, many job offers (1996 or so), but no job. He never made the first cut on any of his offers. Apparently there's no room in business for a bright, talented, well educated young man with tattos on his cheekbones. He's presently managing a motorcycle shop in California someplace working and earning about 1/5 of his potential.

So after much gloomy comment I finish by saying, if you have to have a tattoo, you're going about it right making a long and careful consideration of just what kind of tattoo and where.

One to avoid: My uncle Kieth had a tattoo he got in San Diego in WW II. Above his belt was a sailor pulling on a rope. The rope extended down past his belt. I was dying of curiosity but I could never get my Uncle Kieth to tell me what was at the other end of the rope. When I was old enough to know about such things my dad told me. The other end of the rope was tied to the foot of a Marine being dragged from the crack of Uncle Kieth's butt.

Uncle Kieth was a SeaBee diver in WW II. He got a Bronze Star and several other Navy decorations including two purple hearts. When he was dressed up in his blues he had only two rows of ribbons of the dozens he was entitled to but they were such that Korean War era officers almost saluted him. A guy like that can have any tattoo he likes as far as I'm concerned but Kieth was profoundly ashamed of his.

[This message has been edited by Forrest Addy (edited 12-05-2003).]

John Stevenson
12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
How about a 3 jaw chuck tattooed on your butt?
This way after a good curry or something you could have a tattoo with a working range of 0" - 2"

John S.

Arbo
12-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Whatever it is, make sure that it is something that will never change in your mind's eye. I have two, and they both have a symbolic meaning to me. I said I would never get a girl's name tatooed, but I did it anyway. On my upper right arm, I have a double loop band of barbed wire which loos like it is coming right out of my skin at two places. To me, it is a part of me with the wire encircling the names of my two daughters. No matter what happens in life, my girls are always with me. The other is an eagle on a stars and stripes background. It is my personal tribute to the lives lost on 9/11/01. They are something that I can say I will never be ashamed of. They are also in a place that can be covered easily with a short sleeve shirt, if I don't want others to see them. The cheek thing is a little too far out for me. I have had them for over a year now, and my father still doesn't know I got them. He is quite adamant about his dislike for tatoos, so I just keep them out of sight when he is around. It keeps the peace in the family. Good luck with your decision. I hope that you make it wisely.

pgmrdan
12-05-2003, 04:04 PM

docsteve66
12-05-2003, 04:46 PM
On tattoo's. Remember,customs do change. SO do tattoo (but not for the better).

A lot of the work I did overseas required willingness to leave the country in a hurry- Probably with second passport. I would not have been hired had I had a tattoo.

For those who worry about Gov't tracking you, a tattoo is purty solid evidence that you are the person. Unblemished skin is common and of no ID use.

I'd say anyone who is under 30 should avoid tattoos. Use the paste on stuff. Half the "Bikers" at motorcycle week at Daytona can wash them off.

According to one school I was sent to, tattoos fall into classes, some are "good" some are "bad". ALL indicate SOMETHING about your basic values of good and bad. Even hiding the tattoo has a meaning to the people who know where your tattoo is. Any person,including yours truly, can wind up in jail over night while not having done anything wrong. Tattoos mean different things to the inmates. At a minimum, they are topics of conversation.

Lack of a tattoo seldom hurts anyone, having one often does. As you age, your tastes change the tattoo don't (not for the better).

Commitment to a tattoo is worse than getting married- make a mistake with the tattoo and there is no REAL divorce- there are always remnants even if hard to detect.

The old "china hands" used to have some beautiful art work (tattoos), we kids admired them and their tattoos. Those men are now about 80 or older, still bearing the names and pictures selected in youth. the name and pictures have probably faded in importance but the tattoo is still that of a young man proclaiming "death before dishonor" or mother Think long and hard about the worst things a tattoo could bring on as the years pass.

I have a son in law, a tattooer and piercer who is a fine fellow, but his collection of tattoos has caused him much trouble- certain jobs (even in retail) are not available to him now.

"Paste them on and wash them off"

ZINOM
12-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Wow Forrest, those are some pretty harsh opinions.....and as someone who's been featured in the magazines, as has my wife and a countless number of my clients, I take offense to your "ugly" comment.

Tattoos are not forever, my now-blank upper arm is testament to the power of the laser.

That isn't to say that one shouldn't carefully consider the decision.

The story of the kid with the facial tattoos speaks more about his personality than of his friends, or beer....those are sad excuses for poor choices made by someone who is, and was in control of his skin.

Who eventually sees your tattoo is a matter of where you choose to have it, and who you choose to show.....I personally think hand, neck and face tattoos are bad medicine for most folks, and refuse to do them on anyone except the heavily tattooed who fully understand the implications of their choice.

Tattoos are not for everyone but for those who want them, there are intelligent ways to approach the matter....and it seems like you're off in the right direction!

You can contact me through my website www.mpiretattoo.com (http://www.mpiretattoo.com) if you'd like.

John

Rustybolt
12-05-2003, 07:53 PM
have your name tattooed in various places on your body. In case you blow up they'll know who it is.

ibewgypsie
12-05-2003, 08:01 PM
One funny one, I did in my shop in Colorado springs.. A lil blue rabbit running into a girls rectum, inside her butt cheek.

All the time doing the tattoo I thought.. She is going to "Poot" She said it healed quickly, I was worried cause of where it was.

Zinom: No offense.. I make my own needles, just like the super tight's better then my 3's.. AND, just cause I'm old and grey don't make me right all the time. The Dynamic ink heals really fast in everyone thou, must be good stuff. I got two to complete then I can make you a deal on the "Mario" inks if you want me to..

David..

mike thomas
12-05-2003, 10:35 PM
The only time I ever had a desire for a tattoo was when I was drafted. I wished to have FTA placed on the bottom edge of my right hand. I still think it would have been appropiate, but am glad I did not. Mike

moldmonkey
12-05-2003, 10:39 PM
It's hard to give advice about choosing it's such a personal thing. Give it alot of thought. I've got a few that I wouldn't get now but they are a reminder of a phase of my life. A couple are going to get covered for a full sleeve my wife is going to do. It will be machinist themed. We've been talking about it for a while but I'm at the bottom of the list (like the plumbers house having the worst plumbing).

Anyway a couple machinist themed ideas:

-your favvorite classic machine tool: Hardinge, Monarch, South Bend, Deckel
Modern CNC sheetmetal boxes wouldn't look good though.

-black&grey picture of 1900's machinists with the apron & bow tie and the line-shaft machinery like you see in old books

-I always a thought a big indexable endmill throwing coolant and rainbow 6s & 9s in a rochabilly style would be cool but probably would hard to do in a tattoo.

Anyway good luck in your choice.

Jon Bohlander

wierdscience
12-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Don't go for "brand logos" unless they pay you,I got a bud who came to work oneday and showed off his new H/D tatoo,I said sure thats great,he says gee why don't you get one?I said I like Cambell's soup,but I ain't gettin a picture of their can on my arm http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

I personally don't judge people by what they wear,or what they do for a living,but anything can go to far.

I am clean as the driven snow as far as tattoos go,hell if I had one it would get screwed up in a week welding over head anyways,plus doc's right too,certain work requires being plain vanailla.

I know one guy bout my age got several neo-nazi tattoos on his arms etc,then later seen the light and corrected his path,now he teaches school and has become a success,he says lots of people still judge him the minute they see him despite his turn around,like he says its easier to keep a good reputation than to get rid of a bad one.

But on the lighter side maybe you can talk the old lady into a few creative piercings http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

spope14
12-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Then there was my sister in law. Got a butterfly tattooed right aboue the bikini line on the upper right, well bikini top line. Did this when she was about 18 years old I suppose. Will not wear a bikini in public now some 30 years hence, for her beautiful butterfly is now a California Condor.

[This message has been edited by spope14 (edited 12-05-2003).]

Cass
12-06-2003, 02:23 AM
I would not consider hiring any job applicant for a responsible position who has a tattoo that I see.

Tattoo's make your life more difficult in general because of people making assumptions about you based on their previous experience with other tattooed individuals.

I agree with Forest's general comments.

Evan
12-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Hey Dan, You could do like this guy. This is a "must read".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/34343.html

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-06-2003).]

decoy91288
12-06-2003, 11:35 AM
I have no tattoos or piercings, but a little experience with some folks who do. I took a between term job delivering new trucks and busses in summer 1995 and picked up an ambulance in San Francisco to be delivered to Oklahoma City. It had been painted and outfitted to accept a laser tattoo removal unit which would be intalled in Ok. City and had a full panel advertisement on the side touting guaranteed removal of tattoos. Every place I stopped I was asked to remove tattoos and one truck driver followed me for several miles out of his way to get a chance to ask. I had to show him the empty back to prove to him that there was no laser installed. Almost seems there might be better money in removing unwanted art than putting more in circulation. I have met very few people who after some years are still happy they got a tattoo. I tell students who ask me about tattoos to wear a "permanent" ink rendition of any artwork they think they want for a long while before getting it needled in.

rbregn
12-06-2003, 01:29 PM
The only thing I have found wrong with tattoos are that they are addicting!
Rob

but it will also show you who is prejustised

Forrest Addy
12-06-2003, 01:56 PM
If you want to buck the present system and insist that tattoos are... fine but it's a free country and employers having a public to serve has to consider the appearance of his employees.

A clean, neat, well dressed, polite satellite dish installer is far more likely to please the customer if his tatoos aren't visible. Many folks associate tattoos with suspicious characters. It may not be right and fair but that's the way it is.

OTH most mass murderers had no tatoos.

John Stevenson
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forrest Addy:

OTH most mass murderers had no tatoos.</font>

Hitler had a picture of a moustache just below his nose - does this count?

John S.

mike thomas
12-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Forrest, the interesting thing is that while serial killers may have had no tattoos, the majority of the big ones had a foot thing. Copious amounts of socks, and almost ritual handling of their shoes. So I say, if you want a tat, it will not cause me concern. However, if you want 300 pairs of gray socks, stay away from me. Mike

Carl
12-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Goes to show some attitudes haven't changed much in 30 plus years. I remember a conversation between two characters(#1 and #2) that went something like this(comments in parentheses are mine):#2...people are scared man.#1...Oh they aren't scared of you, they're scared of what you represent to them.#2...Hey man, all we represent to them is someone who needs a hair cut.(fill in has a tattoo for needs a haircut). #1 No...what you represent to them is freedom. #2...what the hell's wrong with freedom?, that's what it's all about.#1...Oh yea, that's what it's all about...but talkin' about it and bein' it are two different things...it's hard to be free when you're bought and sold in the marketplace... people will talk to you and talk to you and talk to you about individual freedom, but if they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.#2...yea ,well it don't make 'em runnin' scared.#1...no it makes 'em dangerous.

mike thomas
12-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Let us not consider freedom and conformity to be the samething. I used to have hair down to about my butt. When I though I was giving the bird to society, I was just being another conforming sheep in the flock of sheep that thought they were not conforming. It was not until everybody had cut their hair and I was almost 50 that I was actually not conforming. However it was no longer because I was trying to not conform. It was because for the most part I no longer gave a damn what others thought.
When you look at the outlaw bad boys, the patch boys, they are just as much a group of conforming sheep as the guy in the three piece suit. I mean, you have to be accepted for Gawd's sake. So, before spouting off about freedom, consider that a tattoo is nothing but a blob of ink to some, an ownership patch to others, an artistic design to some, and has nothing to do with actual freedom. And you may substitute long hair etc. for tattoo if you wish. Mike

docsteve66
12-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Mike: I think you have hit the crux of the problems with divergence of any sort. IF (and only if) EVERY one judged people based on knowledge, every one could be free to act, dress, speak as they please. Until then, natural is safest- and thank god you were not naturaly born short or fat, black or white or yellow or pink with purple polky dots.

In defense of those who judge other based on superficial divergences- a black friend of mine says he had lot rather see a white dude at 2 AM on bay street than a black one dressed identical- and if he has a choice he rather see them on the other side of the street, because an honest man probably has no business on Bay street at 2 AM. Lots of prejudgments are based on common sense. Permanent changes to appearance show at least how you once thought. Hard to show in a sound bite that you have changed.

I used tho think I could predict election results if I knew the glue used on the bumper stickers. The winners stickers seemed to stay on longer than the losers. Now I suspect the loser gets scraped off. Hair can be cut. Tattoos are harder to remove the traces.

Lest some one think I am opposed to tattoos- I used to think cool men wore cool tattoos- and that was long before cool was cool.

Those "Old China hands" were some times buck privates with several hash marks (1 hash mark= 4 years service). They had been places where I would never be able to go because those days were long gone. They knew how to fight, drink, lie, cuss (which a dying art), Steal and tell the truth in waysto make our jaws drop.. They were once kind of the model for young men like myself. When I wonder how they feel about the tattoos at age 80 plus, I doubt they are shamed, just embarrassed to be a bill board for "death before dishonor" to a generation who says "death to many before safety is compromised". But those men had some wonderful art work, some could make the gals tattooed on their arms and legs really wiggle.

On the tattoo of bodies going to war- I went to Korea on a airplane- not a troop ship .but the men on troop ships on way to Korea were warned that tattoos that resulted in a non-duty status were added to the time to be served. Seems as hough some wanted to have their name/serial number on various parts of body in case they became separated. I never heard stories of that sort in VietNAm.

Were I to decide to get a tattoo, I would hope to pick something that had significance for me- and that I was proud to display. Flags that you can ripple might be fun-if the flag ever comes back into respect by all. Flowers and butterflies on gals are pure decoration but you get old- as mentioned above. How about a HSS drill around the penis? course you get snickers and comments as you age. So no brags in tattoos unless you think you back the brag up at age 100- which every one will reach, God willing and if you don't die.

I remember a beautiful "statue of Liberty" that the owner could make do the hootchy- cootsy. Good for laugh, but how often can you tell the same joke and get a laugh?

How about (as I suggested before "paste and wash off" until you find one you will like forever?

pgmrdan
12-06-2003, 07:38 PM

chkz
12-06-2003, 09:36 PM
hey...if you want a tattoo...by all means get one! Go through the "flash"...and modify something you like. Sure, folks are prejudiced to some degree but as with real estate just remember Location, location, location. I've got tattoos (and truth be told even a couple piercings!) but nobody can see 'em unless I make a point of it. I.E., Go for the lower,upper arm...then if you're "in the black" and going to see the bank manager you can always roll the sleeves up a bit higher...if you're "in the red" you may want to keep 'em down....Good luck, and they ARE addictive!!!

Chris

ibewgypsie
12-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Correction: Only good tattoos are addictive.

I was a engineer at a plant in the late 80's.. Since I became heavily tattooed I reverted back to a electrician, I can't get past the hire in.

This is from someone who owns 12 tattoo machines and bushels of tubes, several gallons of ink.

David

spope14
12-06-2003, 10:27 PM
I Imagine the HSS drill idea mentioned above put on at 20 years of age might be a spot drill or center drill years later?

OK, now I weigh in. No tattoos, no piercings, no long hair now. Just average 40ish kind of plain guy of average height and such.

My goofy older kid got her nose, eyebrow, and tongue pierced. Butterfly on her ankle now, and some damn thing done by a friend on her wrist - looks like barbed wire, but was supposed to be a vine and a rose. I am sure she did all of this to piss off the old man (me), because her friends mostly told me this. She once had a great job as a visiting nurse before she had to prove a point, the most overworked and requested nurse for three years running at first. BUT as she progressed through her "I'll show everyone I am my own person" stage, she lost some clients at first, picked up about 50% replacement, but finally lost almost all her clients. She is NOT a hellion but for this thing. She was canned from the job finally, the reason, she looked like hell, and for theft - more later. Meanwhile, her little druggie / hell bent nurse associate "friend" has none of this, and took all of her clients, and is the golden girl of the nursing corps of the company. Meanwhile, the little hellion steals drugs from the company and from accounts, and they put blame on the "strange girl", and quietly 86 her for that in the end all said and done for that, and looking "strange". PD Does the lie detector thing, my kid passes, she does the "prints" thing, has her home searched, car checked out (PD Involved), nothing, but alas, fired none the less. Golden girl is still on task, there are still drugs coming up missing, and golden girl is now up on charges for Oxy sales, BUT the company backs her as of this moment. However, offered my kid a job back, as an office person only - still away from the "public".

Far end of things, here it is, all laid out.

It is all appearances. If you have job where this type of choice might be acceptable, more power to you, and hey, in our great country, you can make this choice. If you want immediate blame for things, or immediate unwaranted suspicion, and want to live that way, and for this I am saddened that people think this way, start the body art thing and get the wild piercings. Truth hurts, and I do not like this truth, but this is the way it is.

I actually might even have a tattoo if it were not for the idea of my being a teacher and community leader. Besides, I am not sure what it would be anyway, not a biker, military man, and in my youth, putting a girlfriends name on my arm would have ment a 6 foot arm (afraid of committment in my youth).

BUT, I realize the thought processes of others, realize that I have a job I truly love, and actually can't believe they pay me for, and realize there are tradeoffs for this joy, and for my position. Little minds of others? Guess so, but this is the fact of it all. Can't change things.

Trade offs and situations. If your situation allows this type of choice, go ahead. If it does not, think it over. If you might wish to get into a situation later in life where this is not particularly acceptable, think of it again.

Finally cut my hair in 1996 after ten years of its growing to nearly my fanny, and what happens, I get calls to do things I never imagined before, and all of the sudden I was "respectable" beyond belief. Heck, all I thought when I cut it one 99 degree day was "man this is cooler than long hair". Kept the tail for about a week, but after then, what the hell am I going to do with "hair". Was a bit strange....

Now, I look at family photos. Me in my short hair, my 12 year old fair skinned girl, my pierced up barbed wire kid, and my beautiful bride. Have the pic on my desk, and what do I get asked about my family - "who is that kid" - my older kid. Old pics there would be three fair skinned wimmen, and this hippie looking guy.

My daughter swears to me her kid will NEVER get a tattoo or a piercing. She has removed all the metal. However, still loves her vine, and I give that to her.

Freedom.

All of this is NOT to slam the tatooed among you, nor to vindicate the unpierced and un inked, this is just observation, and the way I see it. I actually love a great piece of body art, as my bride will get a tattoo on her lower back this spring if her diabetes situation will allow it. Private art.

Evan
12-07-2003, 06:10 AM
My son has many tattoos, aquired around the world. I am ambivalent about them. I would not do that to myself. I have all the identifying marks I need, dog bites, other serious wounds. I don't need any more.

Where is the line drawn? Many people have pierced ears. That seems to be acceptable. Pierced nostrils? Very acceptable in the southern Asian culture. Scarred flesh, very acceptable in Africa. Lily white flesh with no intentional scars, OK every where, NOT SO.

This world sucks this way. We really need to look past appearances. Try closing your eyes and talk to someone. Now what do you think? Prejudice is based on such thin ground I find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind would indulge in something so stupid and shallow.

We all bleed the same when cut.

mike thomas
12-07-2003, 04:43 PM
My daughter had wanted a tattoo for years. All I ever said about it was that when she was an adult, she could do what she wished. When she turned 18 I heard a noise in the yard and went to the door. Here she came hobbling across the yard. She had gone to a palor about 40 miles away and gotten a tattoo right where her hip bone would rub on the seat.
I am laughing right now as I think of the stubborn 18 year old lying upon the bed with her bare ass out asking the old man to fix it. I cleaned it and doctored it a bit as I had the same experience with buddies, only with arms etc, in the military. That was the last time I saw her tattoo. She says that it came out okay, and I will take her word for it. A true father daughter experience. Mike

ibewgypsie
12-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Mike..

My ex wanted a "Pepe Le Pew" tattoo on her bum.. I did a nice one with single needle detail. She pulled her pants down in College class to show everyone.

Imagine, pulling down a womans pants and seeing a skunk right off? I can laugh now, she is my Ex..

David

scrap
12-07-2003, 10:13 PM
I have had two tatoos for about 12-13 years and I can tell you this. I haven't met anyone who has a tatoo that after several years wishes that they had never gotten it, including me. Save your money. They are even more expensive to try to remove.

Thrud
12-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Dan
Just get your ass tattoo'd

"If you can read this - back off!"

Or, "Insert $100 bills here"

Or, "emergency exit only"

or, "Pucker Up, Buttercup"

or, "Kiss both cheeks I'm French"

or, "Hershey Highway, Straight ahead"

docsteve66
12-08-2003, 02:15 AM
Evan: Your comments on prejudice are right on, how do you convince the 90% who cling to prejudices of some sort. Problem is you cannot spend the time or money required to let the person prove they are not what they appear to be.

I am personal friend of alva richcreek, he is (or was) a nice guy. Do a Google search for "alva richcreek" and tell me you have not prejudged him. No way would I allow him to meet the public in a business of mine. He not only Tattoos, he does body modifications, "pulls" (with hooks), suspension (hanging from hooks). But he is honest, trustworthy, would make a good employee.

Evan
12-08-2003, 03:00 AM
Steve,

I don't give a **** what someone does in their spare time, that's none of my business. One of my doctors is a black woman who is extrordinarily competent. She is also one of our best friends. She has also seen parts of me that my wife doesn't know and doesn't want to know.