X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shane
    • Nov 2003

roller bearings

Anyone know of any good web sites to buy roller bearings for a 3/4 inch shaft? I live in a small town and dont have much access to big stores they will be used in making a mud motor for duck hunting Thanks Shane
  • Forrest Addy
    • Oct 2002

What's a mud motor? Never heard the term before.

3/4" roller bearings? Izzat needle roller bearings? Taper roller bearings? Will ball bearings do? Or Bronze? Plastic bearings will work under water. What kinda loads just out of curiosity?

Here's a few places:

Comment

• shane
      • Nov 2003

A mud motor is a motor which is used on a jon boat for duck hunting it runs in shallow water and mud brand name go devil. needle roller bearing are what i am looking for for a 3/4 inch shaft and a one inch housing for the shaft. Thanks shane

Comment

• Evan
        • May 2003

"and mud brand name go devil."

What does that mean?
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• winchman
          • Aug 2003

Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

• Joel
            • Jun 2001

Punctuation.
            I am guessing "water and mud. Brand name: Go Devil"

Comment

• wierdscience
              • Jan 2003

BTDT,but I used a 1-1/2"x 1" npt pipe bell reducer for the top end of the tube,this way I was able to bore out the reducer for a Sealmaster ER-12 bearing,it has an O.D. of I believe 1.750" and an I.D. of .750" with two setscrews to lock it to the shaft.

On the bottom I used a rubber strut bearing with a s/s wear sleeve on the shaft.

If you really want fun scale it up to a Subaru flat six and a 12" 6/6 prop WEEEEEEEEEEE........!
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• shane
                • Nov 2003

Could you send pics of yours? I have a fourteen horse right now.

Comment

• wierdscience
                  • Jan 2003

Do you mean actual bearing numbers or the design itself?

If it the bearing numbers you want no problem,if its the design,all I did was scale one off a picture my customer printed off the net,most of the engines you see now have a square bolt pattern around the shaft,all it really takes is a shaft support tube with a bearing on each end.

I cheated by using pipe fittings for part of the one I built,its been going for two years now without a hitch so knock on wood it works.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                  X