PDA

View Full Version : Mag base drill purchase

jatt
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi,Recently picked up a mag drill with an MT2 taper. Salesman didnt really have a clue with this particular item, but at the price it was going for I really couldnt help myself. Here are some fotos. www.woodworkforums.com/f65/mag-drill-126895/Am (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f65/mag-drill-126895/Am) I looking at this right wrt to simply using a standard MT2 shank here?btw great forum, am picking up a lotta good info from the search function.Jatt

jatt
11-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Oops try this.www.woodworkforums.com/f65/mag-drill-126895

Black_Moons
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I think you may need an adapator with a tang.

PS: About your sig: I learned welding gloves are not really for welding, They are for the stupid stuff you do 15 seconds after welding. 'Well, It stoped glowing red, Must have cooled down enough to let me pick it up'

Black Forest
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey Jatt, You do know that wood isn't magnetic! What is a woodworker going to do with a mag drill?

John Stevenson
11-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I have turned my mag drill into a 3D radial drill.

I stick it on the forks of the fork truck and drive along long RSJ's and box section to drill where needed :D

mike4
11-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I have turned my mag drill into a 3D radial drill.

I stick it on the forks of the fork truck and drive along long RSJ's and box section to drill where needed :D

Another way is to mount it (with a safety chain ), on to a work platform and drill the holes as you go up and down the columns ,great for fixing conduit in existing buildings when you cant use explosive power tools .

Michael

jatt
11-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry about the lack of paragraph spacing etc... got some prob with my Javascipt that I havent figured out the solution to yet. "Hey Jatt, You do know that wood isn't magnetic! What is a woodworker going to do with a mag drill? " Thanks for clearing that one up. :-) I actually do more metalwork than wood butchering. Only got the basics, round column mill, bearing press come press brake, welder etc.... A few of us here is OZ hang out in the metalwork section of Woodwork Forums. To my knowledge there isnt a site here in OZ that caters better for us fanciers of metal.