PDA

View Full Version : OT sorta.....Passed the NIMS Certification!!!!!

spope14
12-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Three years in the making, two years of testing on my part to get personally certified, and one year and two months of hard work by my advisory committee, school administration, and myself, and lots of suooprt throughout by the whole teaching staff, secretaries, and maintenance persons.

The school machine shop has been inspected, checked over, the curriculum reviewed, every little piece of somewht meaningless and meaningful paper has been checked, interviews with business, staff, students, and even myself.

Wednesday afternoon at 12:53, the SRVRTC - Claremont shop was recommended by the NIMS (National Institute of Metalworking Standards) to be certified compliant with the NIMS and NTMA (National Tooling and Machining) standards.

My reaction Wednesday - none, still working hard. Yesterday, heavy rainstorm, and had to send off the 744th Transport company of Hillsborough NH and CLAREMONT NH (I am now mayor of the burg). No time to celebrate yet.

Today, finally hits. It is all over but the finalities.

Just had to post!!!!!!! Proud of my students, staff who supported me, and my business associates.

Something is still right in machinist training.

jfsmith
12-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Great !!!!, teach us all how to do this.

Jerry

Thrud
12-13-2003, 01:09 AM
Way to go! And you didn't believe in Satan Claus..I mean Santa Claus http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Evan
12-13-2003, 02:22 AM
Nice going, Your Worship.

Excitable Boy
12-13-2003, 03:00 AM
Pardon my ignorange, but what's an SRVRTC? Is that in Claremont, CA?

How about a little context here? It's obvious that you've achieved a tremendous certification, but fill in the rest of the picture for us dolts.

John

------------------
Pursue Excellence and the rest will follow.

Paul Gauthier
12-13-2003, 08:18 AM
You done good. congrats

------------------
Paul G.

Herb Helbig
12-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Great work! Now take a break!

------------------

NAMPeters
12-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Congratulations on a job well done!