X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lbhsbz
    • Jan 2010

Got ma new toy

2uvr.....it was a long day. I got off work early and went to pick up a hydraulic drop bed trailer, the shot home to pick up straps/chains/ cribbing, then reached out to close the door on my truck and my shoulder dislocated again....sonofabitch. I got that popped back in and headed down to pick up the mill. Mae used pipes
    To roll it out where we could get it with a forklift and got it i'n the trailer. Got home, and the mighty cherry picker did a great job gettin off the trailer. We.dragged it into place with a come-along off of some sill plate anchor studs. Still need to move stuff around a bit, but good enough for now. I'm drinkin the rest of the night cuz my shoulder hurts.

Pics of the y axis ways:

Pic of the knee ways:

Not bad for $1500....looks damn near new to me.
  • macona
    • Aug 2006

Nice toy. What spindle does it have?

Comment

• lbhsbz
      • Jan 2010

It uses the z Collets, but I got about 20'of em with the mill.

Comment

I think you did great for $1500. Would love to see more pics when it is set up. Sorry about the shoulder.

Comment

• gaston
          • May 2010

Don't you just love it when Christmas comes early!!!
          nice machine

Comment

• daryl bane
            • Jan 2003

You'll really like it. I have one at home, but Bridgeports at work, and I much prefer my Tree. The collet system is different, but much faster than a R8. Do you know how to work it? I've heard folks complain that tool shanks don't tighten, and then come to find out they didn't know how to work the collet closer. That integral table feed is nice also.

Comment

Working...
            X