PDA

View Full Version : The things you find

John Stevenson
11-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Delving into a box today and there was some steels plates in the bottom.
Unwrapped them and Lo and behold a brand spanking new set of three double sides plates for the high division Cincinatti dividing head.

Quick check in the book as they don't say Cincinatti on them and yes all the hole numbers match up. Every division up to 200 and every equal one up to 400.

Not got a clue where they have come from, never had a Cincinatti head and they are still in makers grease anyway.

Liger Zero
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Not got a clue where they have come from, never had a Cincinatti head and they are still in makers grease anyway.

Are you complaining or bragging? :D

tyrone shewlaces
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM
No sign of the word "gloat" in the title, and it's posted here on THIS forum, so no doubt it MUST be complaining.
Me? I think the Cincinnati marketing ninjas planted them there for John to find knowing that if he mentions them on this forum their sales will soar.
I never gave a thought to having a Cinci dividing head here at my shop, but all of a sudden I think I should have one. See - it works.

Liger Zero
11-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I do not know what a dividing head is or what it is used for but clearly I should have one on each of my mills... in case I ever do figure it out.

(Kidding, I used one the other day.)

darryl
11-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I used a dividing head once- not sure I liked the results-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/heinrich/Twoheadsarebetterthanone.jpg

Mcostello
11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
If you are not sure who sent them and feel gratuitous, it might make you feel better to send a 6 pack of England's finest ale here to me. I would feel better helping you feel better.:)

Liger Zero
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
I used a dividing head once- not sure I liked the results-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/heinrich/Twoheadsarebetterthanone.jpg

Love the dual hats.

Question though... Do you get two paychecks and what happens if one of you gets fired but the other doesn't? :confused:

wierdscience
11-27-2010, 10:07 PM
John that's nice,what I want to know is have you found a floor yet?

I know you found some once,but promptly hid it with that Sexy Craven slotter:)

darryl
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I hate being dragged to work with my a--hat brother :)

Liger Zero
11-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Sexy Craven slotter:)

That sounds far far more dirty than it should....

randyc
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
...Every division up to 200 and every equal one up to 400...

My word - eBay will either richly reward you for that find or cost you dearly for the head ! My experiences when scrounging through scrap piles differ (although not unexpectedly) I always come up with MORE SCRAP !

Cheers,
Randy C

darryl
11-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Speaking of scrap ( which we weren't as John has found something already made into something useful) I had the unfortunate experience the other day of seeing weightlifting weights on a shelf in a store- looks like some are a good size to make something out of-

Of course we know that those are probably cast with just about everything under the sun in them- used carbide inserts, ball bearings, uranium, AR plate, grade 8 nuts and bolts- probably a bit of soft steel in there too.

Mike Burdick
11-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Shopping Ebay in your sleep?