PDA

View Full Version : Super Sawzall price

Orrin
12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
What is the regular price of a Super Sawzall?

The latest Enco "Hotdeals" flyer lists a Super Sawzall at $199.99, supposedly a 40-percent discount from a regular price of $356.00. I almost jumped on this huge "bargain;" but, then I took a look at Enco's "2010 Master Catalog."

The exact same unit does not appear in the big catalog; but a very similar unit is listed at $191.98. What gives? Has the "regular price" of $356.00 been inflated to fool the unwary into thinking they'd better jump onto a whopping good deal? Or is the sale item a model that is truly worth $356?

Orrin

RobbieKnobbie
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Giving Enco the benefit of the doubt that they're being completely straightforward...

There are different models of Sawzall from Milwaukee, specifically there's one that five or six amps and one that's ten or eleven. There's a substantial price difference between the two. Neither one should run you $350 though.

The great thing is that since Milwaukee was sold and their production went to china, their prices have stayed right where they were. I'll assume their quality is unchanged as well.:rolleyes:

PeteM
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Actually, I'd be inclined to not give Enco the benefit of the doubt.

You can buy a Milwaukee Super Sawzall every day from Amazon.com, including free shipping, for well under $199. (On edit: this includes both their heavy duty 13 and 15 amp versions; both of which include the counter balance mechanism that distinguishes a "Super" Sawzall from a Sawzall).

Enco is now owned by MSC, which in my mind has become one of the most cynically managed companies in the tool universe. They regularly pump up regular catalog prices and just as regularly offer 20-30% or more off (and maybe free shipping if you order lots) in an attempt to pump up sales. In the short term this has helped profits. Sooner or later, folks will catch on. Sad to say, these practices are now being extended to Enco, which used to be the everyday-low-prices-for-a-shorter-catalog brand.

Zahnrad Kopf
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
There are different models of Sawzall from Milwaukee, specifically there's one that five or six amps and one that's ten or eleven. There's a substantial price difference between the two. Neither one should run you $350 though

11, 12, 13, or 15 Amps?
Straight cut, or orbital cut?
Corded or cordless?
Standard or rotating handle?

There's more than a few choices.

The great thing is that since Milwaukee was sold and their production went to china, their prices have stayed right where they were. I'll assume their quality is unchanged as well.:rolleyes:

That's a very broad (and incorrect) statement. Not everything went to china. A lot did, and a lot stayed here. There's some in Germany, too.
There are Sawzalls and blades being made right in South Carolina, today.

Hogridnfool
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
"You can buy a Milwaukee Super Sawzall every day from Amazon.com, including free shipping, for well under $199."
Yep, $162.85 for the 13 amp and $184.70 for the 15 amp one plus you get free shipping.

Your Old Dog
12-02-2010, 08:34 PM
"Kind of On Topic"

I have the AC Super Sawzall with the 1" stroke (Diamond Anniversary Model in metal case). If I were doing it over I'd look for the battery operated Sawzall as I don't use my Sawzall all day long and I think I could get by just fine off battery.

wierdscience
12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
What is the regular price of a Super Sawzall?

The latest Enco "Hotdeals" flyer lists a Super Sawzall at $199.99, supposedly a 40-percent discount from a regular price of $356.00. I almost jumped on this huge "bargain;" but, then I took a look at Enco's "2010 Master Catalog."

The exact same unit does not appear in the big catalog; but a very similar unit is listed at $191.98. What gives? Has the "regular price" of $356.00 been inflated to fool the unwary into thinking they'd better jump onto a whopping good deal? Or is the sale item a model that is truly worth $356?

Orrin

Pick it up at your local Homedepot for the same money,fill out they're credit card application and recieve $20 off.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Power-Tools-Saws-Reciprocating-Saws/Milwaukee/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg5Zas92Zzv/R-202101594/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053