PDA

View Full Version : Semi Ot: G54, G55 How many coordinate systems can the brain handle?

beanbag
12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
A while ago I finally got my prescription safety glasses. They don't seem to create much edge distortion, but rather, there is a slight perception that everything is slightly leaning backwards from me. Not sure if it is due to the glasses (the lenses in this pair seem to lean forwards more) or that the prescription is just barely different than my regular set of glasses (one of the astigmatism values was one notch different than my very old prescription).

Anyway, after wearing these glasses for a while, it makes me feel "not good" in the usual way. Is it something that I will get used to after a while?

Tait
12-07-2010, 12:41 AM
I felt sick the first time I wear glasses from a new prescription. And plastic causes funny fringing that gave me a headache when I first switched from glass.

I found it goes away faster if I stick with one kind of lens and one prescription (it's tempting, but just not worth it to keep an old pair around for use in the shop).