PDA

View Full Version : Emco Maier back in business?

paradise
12-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Can someone verify if Emco Maier in Ohio is once again selling direct to customers. I heard a rumor that the Super 11 and larger machines (i.e. 17 and 20) are now in stock. Does this mean that I can now get V13 spare parts without going through Blue Ridge?
Mahalo,
Bill

jfsmith
12-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Have you tried there web site?

http://www.emco.at/index.php?changelang=en

DR
12-18-2003, 09:11 PM
bill,

They do show the 11, 17, 20 inch conventional lathes under "products". Whether you can buy direct is another matter. I have Emco production CNC machines and I've always been able to get service advice and part numbers, price, etc from Columbus, but the part has to be ordered through an authorized dealer.

I haven't needed anything for a couple years and wonder how it'll be handled now since my local Emco dealer went out of business. In my experience, Emco has been a stickler about not selling direct and that's the way it should be. By doing that they build dealer loyalty.

BillH
12-19-2003, 12:20 AM
I wish they would bring back some hobby lathe sizes.

Thrud
12-19-2003, 02:38 AM
Bill
They have always sold 17" and larger machines - they are nice too, have CLV (Constant Linear Velocity) turning - as the bit moves toward the center the lathe speeds up to keep Sf/m constant.

paradise
12-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Thanks to all that responded. I visited Emco Maier's web site and got their Columbus, Ohio phone number. I spoke to the product manager, Greg Maycock, and he confirmed that Emco Maier now sells direct to end users. You can now purchase machines and spare parts directly. He was very helpful and offered a spare parts and tooling list for my V13 "Green Machine". Visiting the web site and reviewing their new Red and Gray machines makes one wonder....on second thought, may be I should not have opened that darn web site in the first place. My never ending story, dilemma.
Mahalo,
Bill

spope14
12-19-2003, 11:00 PM
I am really hoping they have the "V13 mean green machine" parts in stock. I have six of these fine critters, and they are almost bomb proof.