PDA

View Full Version : Need L-tec PCM1000 Info

atp
12-14-2010, 12:06 PM
At my shop we have an L-tec Plasmarc PCM1000 that we no longer use. I am trying to do some research and gather more information on this piece of equipment.

I have put forth a few hours of research and learned that ESAB had marketed some products under "L-tec" for a little while and that it's very hard to get manuals for their older products.

This is not a for-sale ad but I do need to get this piece of equipment out of my shop. I don't want to just throw it out, and I haven't found a goodwill of any kind in the are that will accept it here in San Diego. Any pointers as to gathering information on this plasma cutter would be muuucchhh appreciated.

MaxHeadRoom
12-14-2010, 01:38 PM
It sounds like the model I was involved with with a company I was with for a while, we took delivery of what was essentially their prototype model, it had tilt head and quite a few innovative features, we had many teething troubles with it, much of their electronics were in-house design so I imagine service and parts now are difficult to get.
One possibility if the Torch and power pack are OK, someone may take it for a retrofit with a Burny or Mach might even work.
Max.

macona
12-14-2010, 02:26 PM
LTec made these machines. Then ESAB bought them out and sold them under their name. Also the designs of the newer round top plasmas are based on the designs used in the PCM750 and 1000 as well as the larger ESP100 and 200. The PCM1000 was also sold with an Airco label on them. ESAB has the manuals and will email them if you need them.

Problem is the 1000 was three phase only which lowers the value considerably. I think we sold the last of the used units we had for something like $250 a piece.

Max, the PCM1000 is just a plasma cutter, not an entire CNC machine.