PDA

View Full Version : How to Post manuals?

Joe From NY
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I have a PDF of an "Operating Manual and Parts list" that Clausing emailed me for their 6300 series Lathe. How can I post it for others to use.

rockrat
12-17-2010, 06:02 PM
You have to host it on your server or another site like photobucket (dont know if they allow pdfs) and then post a link here.

rock~

Jim Caudill
12-17-2010, 06:05 PM
You can't do that on this forum or the PM forum. If you have someone that will "host" the file for you, you can provide a link to that file.

When I have Hardinge stuff I want to share, I post it at the Yahoo group for Hardinge lathes. Anyone that joins the group has access to the stored files, pictures, and threads.

I don't know if there is a Clausing lathe group or not. I have had individuals come forward and offer to host files for machinery manuals. Perhaps one of those folks will contact you.

oldtiffie
12-17-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1255&bih=495&q=file+hosting+sites&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=file+hosting&gs_rfai=&fp=42c33c885e5e233

Anyone got any comments?

Fasttrack
12-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I use google docs ... You can host pdfs, etc

Mike Burdick
12-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Joe,

You can upload it to this site:

http://bbssystem.com/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=f2061536c15a987a595cece39de8feda

Greg Menke
12-17-2010, 08:41 PM
If its a pdf they sold you, its bad form to publish it & undercut them.

Greg

Joe From NY
12-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Joe,

You can upload it to this site:

http://bbssystem.com/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=f2061536c15a987a595cece39de8feda

Thanks, but that site has a buggy registration system. It wont let me sign on, and when i try to re-register even with my 2 different email addresses "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." but there is no way to do so.

Joe From NY
12-17-2010, 10:17 PM
If its a pdf they sold you, its bad form to publish it & undercut them.

Greg

I would completely agree, but that is not the case. The girl said they could mail me a printed manual for $15, or could email me a copy for free. Naturally i took the email option.

Joe From NY
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
I took it to Staples today and they printed me out a beautiful 2 sided copy of the manual for $3.20.

rockrat
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Still plan to post this info?

rock~

AllThumbz
12-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks, but that site has a buggy registration system. It wont let me sign on, and when i try to re-register even with my 2 different email addresses "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." but there is no way to do so.

If it is under 10Mb, you could post it as an attachment to a message on my site at the Url in my signature.

AllThumbz
12-18-2010, 07:31 PM
You can't do that on this forum or the PM forum. If you have someone that will "host" the file for you, you can provide a link to that file.

When I have Hardinge stuff I want to share, I post it at the Yahoo group for Hardinge lathes. Anyone that joins the group has access to the stored files, pictures, and threads.

I don't know if there is a Clausing lathe group or not. I have had individuals come forward and offer to host files for machinery manuals. Perhaps one of those folks will contact you.

Everyone is welcome to use my site (url below in signature) to host these types of files and manuals. I am happy to be able to store this information for those of us who will need it. The only restriction is that I cannot have individual attachments of over 10Mb because my web host won't support that.

All you need to do is to start a message in the appropriate forum and attach the manual to the message in .PDF format. You can also attach photos and graphics in JPEG and other formats.