PDA

View Full Version : Two hours to go!

The Artful Bodger
12-24-2010, 04:49 AM
... it is about two hours until Santa arrives here in NZ. He calls here first and I have noticed that as he gets older he is tending to dump the heavy stuff off first..Bring it on!!!!!:D

darryl
12-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Ho ho ho- a monarch 10EE coming down your chimney! Ha ha ha!

Liger Zero
12-24-2010, 05:54 AM
I want another year of health for the Wife Unit and continued success for my business. The first being more important than the second.

Oh and if that Monarch is too heavy he can leave it here with me it will not go unappreciated. :)

Weston Bye
12-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Merry Christmas John.

Evan
12-24-2010, 06:34 AM
We celebrate the 24th in the Scandinavian tradition so it is already Christmas here for us. It's a good one too. I just got some test results that show a great improvement in the state of my liver due to the phlebotomies removing excess iron. All the indicators are moving in the right directions and I can tell by how I feel too.

I treated myself to a new camera to go with the telescope. It's a Canon 1000D with Live View, more pixels and some other cool features like automatic sensor cleaning. It also gives me two SLRs now that have the exact same lens with external electronic shutter trip so I can take action 3D images.

PeteF
12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
... it is about two hours until Santa arrives here in NZ. He calls here first and I have noticed that as he gets older he is tending to dump the heavy stuff off first..Bring it on!!!!!:D

Sorry mate, but I've just read the latest NOTAMS and there's a no-fly zone established in your region for reasons given below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter-based_hunting_in_Fiordland

Fortunately he carries YSSY as an alternate

PS Merry Christmas ;)

John Stevenson
12-24-2010, 07:15 AM
If that bearded Yeti drops another Bridgy down my chimney I'm going to go apeshlt.

It's bad enough having a breeding pair without another useless mouth to feed.

tlfamm
12-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I thought it was rather sporting of we Colonials to even _allow_ Brits to own a Bridgeport - especially after you foisted that wanker, Cornwallis, upon us. Maybe Bridgeport will issue a special Yorktown commemorative model?

:)

Weston Bye
12-24-2010, 10:52 AM

I think Santa was in too much of a hurry this year and was traveling too fast. He left me what I think was a lathe, but it arrived as an unrecognizable smouldering lump of iron in a crater in my back yard.

Some assembly required?....

alanganes
12-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I think Santa was in too much of a hurry this year and was traveling too fast. He left me what I think was a lathe, but it arrived as an unrecognizable smouldering lump of iron in a crater in my back yard.

Not Santa, Wes. That's just how machinist suff is coming from China these days.

Merry Christmas, All!

Liger Zero
12-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I think Santa was in too much of a hurry this year and was traveling too fast. He left me what I think was a lathe, but it arrived as an unrecognizable smoldering lump of iron in a crater in my back yard.

Did you at least get get enough lump to re-cast it into something useful... like a shaper?

techonehundred
12-24-2010, 12:04 PM
you'd better make that stocking out of Kevlar if you are going to put a monarch in it. Not to mention reinforcing that fireplace.:D

The Artful Bodger
12-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry mate, but I've just read the latest NOTAMS and there's a no-fly zone established in your region for reasons given below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter-based_hunting_in_Fiordland

Fortunately he carries YSSY as an alternate

PS Merry Christmas ;)

Nah, dont fret Pete, Rudolf has been homing on the Hokitika NDB since the service from Rose Bay used to come that way.

Man, those sleigh runners sure kick up a din on a tin roof, but.

dewat
12-24-2010, 04:46 PM

I knew there was a good reason I never got a pony .

RTPBurnsville
12-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Not Santa, Wes. That's just how machinist suff is coming from China these days.

Just be ever so thankful you did not get the one from India!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Liger Zero
12-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Just be ever so thankful you did not get the one from India!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Is that the one where they pour a ladle of liquid iron down the chimney and put the blueprints in your mailbox? Or is that "Russian Style?"

:D

Bill736
12-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Hmmmm...you gentlemen have just explained something that has baffled me since last December. Namely, that section of my storage mobile home roof that mysteriously caved in , right next to the metal chimney. And here I was, thinking it was the snow !

Tim Clarke
12-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Last year I tried leaving the old boy a toddy. I was hoping after a few nips, he'd have to empty his bag before he could get back up the chimney. Didn't work.

New masterplan for this year is to leave the reindeer the liquor, if they can't fly, he's stuck here. After daylight, I'll have my way with his sleigh, while MaMa feeds him his after Christmas breakfast.

Think it'll work??????????

Best wishes to all, TC