PDA

View Full Version : It was like Christmas - DM cover photo

Weston Bye
12-24-2010, 04:04 PM
A shameless brag here:

Imagine my surprise when I checked the Coming Soon page on the Digital Machinist website. After several years of articles, I finally submitted a photo worthy of a cover.

http://www.digitalmachinist.net/comingsoon/contents/view

38_Cal
12-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Mazel Tov! :D

David

Tim Clarke
12-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Good job, Wes!

I used to wonder If I'd ever have a cover, I did submit a couple pretty good photos, but no. Next year I'll submit a couple articles, I'm going to try very hard for a cover.

I wonder what qualifies for a cover shot? I suppose that the most important thing is something that will grab the most people as they see the mag on the rack. I spotted the Home Shop Machinist on the rack @ the Borders bookstore some time in 1993. Back then, and for quite a few years after, it was all B&W. In my case it was the title, not the photo that caught my eye.

TC

dp
12-24-2010, 08:58 PM
That site has a serious problem. This is what I see:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Cookies Fail' in /home/webmaster/common/lib/Vp/Cssm/Session/SaveHandler/Global.php:146 Stack trace: #0 /home/webmaster/common/lib/Vp/Cssm/Session/SaveHandler/Global.php(127): Vp_Cssm_Session_SaveHandler_Global->sanityCheck() #1 /home/webmaster/common/lib/Vp/Session/SaveHandler/Super.php(81): Vp_Cssm_Session_SaveHandler_Global->__construct(Array) #2 /home/webmaster/common/lib/Vp/Session/SaveHandler/Super.php(56): Vp_Session_SaveHandler_Super->constructSaveHandlers() #3 /home/webmaster/digitalmachinist.net/www/wroot/index.php(89): Vp_Session_SaveHandler_Super->__construct(Array, true) #4 {main} thrown in /home/webmaster/common/lib/Vp/Cssm/Session/SaveHandler/Global.php on line 146

It isn't handling visitors that don't accept cookies worth a damn.