PDA

View Full Version : Hi all you old bums!!! :D

torker
12-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Just stopped by to say hi to all my old buds here.
I'm in Saskatchewan now...near Regina...enjoying winter a lot (lie)
Getting my saddle shop well underway...yep...still buyin equipment...got 3 sewing machines now and a ton of leather.
SURE miss my machine tools now i'll tell you...still have a million inventions goin thru my head...and now nothing to build them with.
We'll see...one day I may have another machine shop...
Take care boys and the best of the holidays to you...
Oh ya... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Russ
(Robert...good one about the tig welding...lol!)

Al Messer
12-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Getting my saddle shop well underway...yep...still buyin equipment...got 3 sewing machines now and a ton of leather.
SURE miss my machine tools now i'll tell you...still have a million inventions goin thru my head...and now nothing to build them with.
Russ
(Robert...good one about the tig welding...lol!)

And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Al

j king
12-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey torker, have followed your journey and hope ur having a good go of it. Have a great new year. Buddy has a boy up that way that is into horses. Not sure where but he says its way up there... take care.. jim

You always had a positive attitude. I admired that.

Willy
12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Merry Christmas Russ!
Just wondering about you the other day and how you're making out.
I figured you were rich and famous now and didn't have time to talk to the peons anymore.:D :D

Good to hear things are going well.
As long as you enjoy what you're doing it doesn't matter. The machine shop toys will come later when you get time.

All the best for you in the New Year Russ.
Thanks for shooting us a line.

spkrman15
12-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Merry Christmas to you too buddy! Glad to hear things are positive. Enjoy!

Rob :)

Mcgyver
12-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Merry Christmas Russ, sounds like things are going well, glad to hear it

Oldbrock
12-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey! Great to see you on line again Russ. Presume those are walking foot machines. Been watching your weather lately and don't envy you. Used to live in Battleford so I know what the praries are like. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year old buddy, Peter

Liger Zero
12-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Hello Torker and happy holidays! :)

WilliamG
12-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi Russ

<snip>

Was wondering when you would pop up on the scope. Merry Christmas Russ and the very best with your new venture in 2011.

Bill

lazlo
12-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Good to hear from you Russ :)

Are you still welding for a living?

Merry Christmas!

Robert

bruto
12-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Greetings, glad to see you're still kicking. But no machines? Ouch.

madman
12-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Way to go Man saddling up some Vaginas. Youre the man Just dont marry any of them. Yup were here in canada drinkin beers . I just want to wish you well and if you want to do a lot of good sew them buggers up tight so they dont come back 9 months later to haunt any of us. HA HA (vaginas i meant ) merry xmas mike

Mike Burdick
12-25-2010, 12:28 PM
...Getting my saddle shop well underway...yep...still buyin equipment...got 3 sewing machines now and a ton of leather...

Hi Russ!

Puts a whole new meaning to a "thread dial"...

Sounds like you'll will have a interesting career! Create a web site and start selling via the internet. It's very hard now-a-days to find good horse gear.

What's really hard for me to find is gear that doesn't have lots of metal fasteners or useless metal ornaments. I like gear that is very plain and "quiet" when I ride.

You may already have this book, but if not, it's well worth reading: "How to Make Cowboy Horse Gear" by Bruce Grant. It's filled with "how to" methods of braided knots, hackamores, as well as saddles. Your local library may carry a copy, but if not, check the internet. Here's one location where you can purchase it, but there are others.

Good luck Russ and keep us updated on what you're doing!

http://www.ubraidit.com/supplies-detail.php?item=36

doctor demo
12-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Getting sewing machines now and a ton of leather.
Russ

So They don't have internet in Saskatchewan, or are You on a seamstress forum now with no time for "Our" forum?

Steve:D

doug931
12-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Russ, good to hear you are settling down. I still have a spare 29K singer for sale if you are interested. Would you concider recovering a Harley leather solo seat for me?
I am in the process of building the 2 by 72" belt grinder from polar bear forge, thinking about making a few knives.
Damm, Regina is a good 8 hour drive from here.
Doug, from Cold Lake.

dewat
12-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I too was wondering what you were up to, glad to hear from you and I hope you get one of these from Santa,

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/dewat/remote.jpg

Your Old Dog
12-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Merry Christmas Torker. I envy you working in leather. Is there anything better smelling then leather.....not counting fish. :D

sasquatch
12-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Welcome back Torker, and wishing you the best in the new year!!!!

doctor demo
12-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Merry Christmas Torker. I envy you working in leather. Is there anything better smelling then leather.....not counting fish. :D
Women wearing leather....fishing:D
Steve

Ken_Shea
12-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Hey Russ,
Missed your post till now.

Hope you had a fun Christmas and wish you the best for the new year.

Good to hear from you.

Ken

JRouche
12-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey Russ!! Good to see yer still kicking it around. JR

hoof
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Good to hear from you, Miss you being on the board here, Hope to see you a little more often Merry Xmas Torker

Ray

john hobdeclipe
12-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Buy sewing machines

Make saddles

Sell saddles

Make money

Buy metalworking machines

Make chips

It just goes around in circles, doesn't it?

gnm109
12-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Glad to hear that you are situated. Remember, only change is constant. At some point we want to hear about your new metal working machines.

Happy New year and many returns! :)