PDA

View Full Version : Dust collector attachment for my skilsaw

taydin
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi, I have long searched for a dust collection adapter from my skilsaw, but wasn't able to find it. I then had it ordered from Germany and after 1 month, it arrived. But unfortunately, even though it is for the same make and model (Bosch GKS 190), it is slightly different. I won't be able to screw it to the blade guard, so I have to glue it on. The blade guard seems to be anodized aluminum, but I am not sure, could be cast iron, too. I am thinking of sanding the blade guard at the spot where the dust adapter will come and sanding the adapter itself. Then I am contemplating to use 2 component epoxy glue.

What would you use to glue this adapter? Will the epoxy glue withstand the potential heat when the machine is run for extended periods?

Ian B
12-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Taydin,

The blade guard is made of cast aluminium.

Having used a similar sized Makita hand held circular saw for many years, I haven't noticed the guard getting at all warm. Epoxy should be fine - I'd think the motor will burn out or the plastic drive gears will melt long before the guard gets anywhere near temperatures that epoxy would struggle with...

Ian