PDA

View Full Version : Best wishes to all...

dp
01-01-2011, 03:17 AM
For a happy new year, more opportunities, cool tools, and health and happiness for you and your families.

ptjw7uk
01-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Happy New Year to you all
But at the moment the tools are much too cool!

Peter

John Stevenson
01-01-2011, 07:29 AM
We stayed up to watch the year in and give me a chance to drink Gerts whisky.

Watched the celebration on the BBC from London and frankly I was gobsmacked at the organisation and diversity of the exhibition.

Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_9bx6U8_0

{EDIT} If you don't watch it all don't miss the bit a 9:40 where Alistair gets his wallet out.

Ken_Shea
01-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Would like to wish everyone a great new year as well.

Was just another evening for me, now our New Years day dinner, well that's something I'm look forward too!

Weston Bye
01-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Best wishes for the new year... and space enough in your shop for the tools you want.

Mcgyver
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Happy new year to all, lets make it a great one

garagemark
01-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I too will chime in with a Happy new year to all.

It's football day!!!!!!!! (American style). So don't bother me again until after it's over. :D

mike os
01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
y'all have a good one:D

PTSideshow
01-01-2011, 12:27 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ptsideshow/DSC03001.jpg

AllThumbz
01-01-2011, 01:14 PM
http://hobby-machinist.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=498.0;attach=2599; image

A Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Safe, Sane, Successful, and Blessed New Year to Everyone!

Nelson

A.K. Boomer
01-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Happy healthy one;) .

dockrat
01-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Happy New Year to all from the freezing Interior of B.C. Woke up to minus 16 degrees. 3.2 for you guys still using the F scale

Alistair Hosie
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
{EDIT} If you don't watch it all don't miss the bit a 9:40 where Alistair gets his wallet out.

Sporran! me owled flower sporran !.Wallets indeed what good are they their not secure enough for a tightwaded old fart like, what uses both sides of the toilet newspaper.Alistair ps
you and my pal GERT and everybody here have the very best new year ever and many more Pal.Alistair

aboard_epsilon
01-01-2011, 04:53 PM
We stayed up to watch the year in and give me a chance to drink Gerts whisky.

Watched the celebration on the BBC from London and frankly I was gobsmacked at the organisation and diversity of the exhibition.

Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_9bx6U8_0

said on the news that firework display cost us 1.7 milion ..so much for the cut backs ehh.

all the best.markj

John Stevenson
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
That world wide exposure will earn us more than 1.7 mill in confidence.

aboard_epsilon
01-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I agree its the best Ive ever seen ..and a lot better than the millennium one .

ALL THE BEST.MARKJ

sasquatch
01-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Ditto to what everyone else has posted here, and the same to the folks who provide this great site, and everyone at the publishing company and our moderators.

dp
01-01-2011, 06:20 PM
That world wide exposure will earn us more than 1.7 mill in confidence.

In today's global economy malaise I'm more reminded of the Parthian shot, or Lady Carcass's pig :).

With any luck and restraint of our leadership the economy may show signs of recovery this year.

lazlo
01-01-2011, 06:25 PM
said on the news that firework display cost us 1.7 milion ..so much for the cut backs ehh.

Dang, but that's a seriously impressive celebration! That puts Time Square to shame!

I showed the video to my 7 year old daughter, and she was mesmerized.

aboard_epsilon
01-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Yup would have been amazing on one of those wide screen giat led tvs ..

i had to watch it on a 21 inch tv ..with gold fish bole screen. :(

all the best.markj

PeteF
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I had to work, but got home early enough to scoop up the family and head down to Sydney Harbour just in time. It's always a spectacular show, apparently $5 million and 8 tonnes went skyward this year. I'm sure there'd be some Youtube footage if anyone is interested. Still, it's more about those we're able to share the time with, so in that regard trust everyone had a great night and can look forward to a safe and prosperous year.

Pete

RussZHC
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
;)

Happy New Year to all.

It has been about a year since I started on this machining tangent and still no chips (tough when you lose part of every year to unheated space in cold climes...with windchill it been running minus 25ish the last few days) BUT for the first time in awhile I am somewhat looking forward to another year. Its not the same-o-same-o and for me that's good.

This site has been a real education though I hope in the New Year my contributions become a little more machine oriented.

Part of that education has been the wide span of knowledge as well as those times that leave you scratching your head.

Recently EBay has contributed to that education...Monarch 10ee of a colour that IMO is just so ugly yah gotta love it...sellers that make life hard for themselves...a lathe 95% complete that clearly care was taken but left the apron unchanged and the tailstock in primer...obviously some can take better photos than others and I have to assume it only helps sales. All in all an example of the wide base of human experience.

Thanks, health, safety and happiness in the New Year, Russ