PDA

View Full Version : Tormenting a dog.

John Stevenson
01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Copied from the square holes thread:-

Quote:
John, I'd love to see the details of Option 3 -- I can't picture it?

So you shall once I've found the memory card for the scanner.
I have one of these hand held page scanners, looks like a key off a piano but a bit bigger, 1" square and 10" long, it takes one of those stupid Mini SD cards or whatever and whilst I was beating the dogs Dipsy teletubby toy up it attacked me, ate my ham sandwich [ kosher mit pickles ], knocked all the books off my desk and bit me but not in that order.
Now need to look for a spare card ' cause I think it's ate it.

Proof:-

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/shimshimmery/?action=view&current=3c3001a6.mp4

mototed
01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
That's a wild one you got there John. Still a lot of puppy left in him. (her)
I still couldn't tell who was having the most fun.
Ted

jb-mck
01-04-2011, 08:38 AM
The dog has obviously had enough of Johns dry wit! Nice dog BTW.

Circlip
01-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Hope you remember this at 2pm in the morning when the bloody thing wants to "Play".

Gerra good lock on the bedroom door, and DON'T have a nap through the afternoon anywhere it can get to.

Regards Ian.

DFMiller
01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
John,
Your true character is showing in that video.
You remind me of my FIL.
At his eulogy it was said" he took great pleasure in tormenting animals and small children"
Dave

lazlo
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
whilst I was beating the dogs Dipsy teletubby toy up it attacked me, ate my ham sandwich [ kosher mit pickles ], knocked all the books off my desk and bit me but not in that order.
Now need to look for a spare card ' cause I think it's ate it.

LOL John! I thought the bit about the TeleTubby was just a polite way of saying "bugger off!" :)

lakeside53
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Maybe the Parafin finally made it's way though! payback.

jugs
01-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Which one of those wretched creatures is the dog :confused:

Its the same technique sir john uses to get money off customers :eek: :D

john
:)

Mike Burch
01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
So Yorkshire is the Centre of the known Universe, is it, Ian?
Could well be - the laws of nature obviously break down there if they have
"2pm in the morning"...!
John, that dog is clearly not fit company in a workshop. Lovely beast, though.

John Stevenson
01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
He's got two of those telly tubby toys and he's had then for quite a while, just how long we don't know as he brought them with him from the rescue centre.

Even though he goes berserk in getting them, there isn't a mark on them, no rips tears or anything. Also he knows who he's playing with and plays accordingly, grand daughters are treated very gently, he doesn't even growl, pulls a bit harder with Gert but it's all out war with me, teeth and sinuses all over the place. Uncanny how they do it and know.

QSIMDO
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
We've got two Westies that live to eviscerate anything that squeaks.

Made the mistake of breaking wind in bed one night at C above high A.

Good thing the quilt was on is all I can say! ;)

J. Randall
01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Len, daughter had a male Corgi that would do that. No matter how indestructible you thought it was, he would work for hours and finally get the squeaker out, then he was not interested in it.
James

J Tiers
01-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Hope you remember this at 2pm in the morning when the bloody thing wants to "Play".

Gerra good lock on the bedroom door, and DON'T have a nap through the afternoon anywhere it can get to.

Regards Ian.

In that case, I surely hope you like to get back to sleep while a dog whines, maybe barks, and intermittently scratches at the door.... A fondness for carpentry and refinishing wouldn't hurt either.....

it takes at least two doors and some space to eliminate the problem, but you STILL need the refinishing skills, and must like to fix whatever the dog decides to chew on as an alternative.

With 20 lb maine coon cats it's the same as for dogs.... they ARE dogs, nearly.

Circlip
01-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Yes guys, this is what happens when you're trying to type while larfing. 2 AM

Be a problem when it grows up.

"Where does it sleep??"

Wherever it 'kin wants.

Regards Ian.

ulav8r
01-05-2011, 11:14 PM
I think the most torment for the dog is the homely mug that it has to look at each day.

:D :D :D :rolleyes:

IdahoJim
01-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Good grief!...It's been 10 years since I've had a young dog...I'd forgotten how much energy they have.....that one of yours is a beast!
Jim

Your Old Dog
01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
..........................Also he knows who he's playing with and plays accordingly, grand daughters are treated very gently, he doesn't even growl, pulls a bit harder with Gert but it's all out war with me, teeth and sinuses all over the place. Uncanny how they do it and know.

I think most domesticated animals know when they are in the presence of babies and toddlers. All 4 of our Labs slowed down and moved very carefully around little children. So are you wired into the Rescue center? How did you end up with such a nice pup?

John Stevenson
01-06-2011, 08:24 AM
First two dogs we had, bitches actually, came off the friend of a friend who was moving to Spain and didn't want to split them up.

We were looking for a dog at the time but had never considered OES's and we had the room to take two.

He dropped them off one Christmas when he went on a recee trip to Spain and whenhe got back in the January they had setted in so well he left them.

The mother eventually died but by that time we had contacted the OES rescue centre to get another one before the battery went flat on the old gal, so at one stage and since then we have had up to 3 at a time.

[edit]

No 3 dog at one year old but needing a bath, that's his settee BTW.

http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/rocky.jpg

The one we have now will grow the same coat.

Once registered and checked you stay on their records and this one is the 8th dog we have had, 6 of them being rescue.
It's the luck of the draw what you get, we have had decent ones, some with problems but not insurmountable.

We tried for one in September last but there were no rescue dogs about, which is nice, so we had to wait but he's worth it, never had one this playful before.

He got a box of toys yesterday that were ordered for Christmas but got held in the bad weather so he's over the moon.
One is a simple rope pull, loop one end and a knot the other about 12"
When he's playing with me it looks like he's attacking, snot, spit and teeth everywhere and that's just me.
He lunges at this full blown fighting stance with only inches to spare and never misses once - amazing.

Don't help his temper when I keep standing on his front paws so he can't lunge, I'll see if someone get get a video it's hilarious.