X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madwilliamflint
    • Sep 2010

CAD software?

I apologize for this, but I've just spent 20 minutes looking for it here.

"In some thread...someplace (here)" someone mentioned a piece of layout/cad software that had a "light" (free?) version with a full-version costing about $30.

I seem to recall it being highly regarded and produced by one developer someplace in Europe.

I've just nuked my pc and started from scratch so I don't have bookmarks, download history or anything. (my 2T NAS crapped out, YAY!)

What was it?

Anyone?

(Alternatively, what do you use/like for layout? My hand-drawing skills are awful and the projects I'm planning are increasing in complexity such that I really require actual drawings.)
    ----
    Proud machining permanoob since September 2010
  • hornluv
    • Oct 2002

I really like Draftsight (http://www.draftsight.com) It's free and pretty easy to use. There are also some tutorial videos that you can watch to help you out. Oh, and you can save your drawings as a pdf so you can open them anywhere (you just can't edit them like that).
    Stuart de Haro

Comment

• squirrel
      • Mar 2009

Here is some more free stuff from Dassault (Solidworks), click on the Free CAD tab

Download new versions, service packs, and add-ins for SOLIDWORKS, Simulation, PDM, and Free CAD Tools (eDrawings, Composer Player, SOLIDWORKS Explorer).

Comment

• bjmh46
        • Jan 2004

If you know autocad you'd feel right at home with progecad smart. Free, and it reads and writes autocad files. I like it, but then I used autocad for ~20 years.

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X