PDA

View Full Version : your Sunday morning kijiji chuckle

Mcgyver
01-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Sitting down with a coffee going through the latest kijiji flotsam this one was actually causes an lol (most lol's are really talol's, thought about lol'ing)

This brilliant chap wanting to sell his unimat finds, cuts and pastes a description of it on the web into his kijiji ad....but he's so lazy he doesn't read it and is oblivious that said plagiarism says what POS and bad idea his lathe is. hehe

UNIMAT DB200/SL1000—Introduced in 1954 and selling for $99.00 in the wooden box, this small tabletop lathe was an instant hit that revolutionized the home lathe market. This Austrian-made tool offered a huge line of accessories and many thousands were sold. It's weakness was its flexibility due to the use of a bed made from two round rods. It is still popular with tool collectors today, although for your money you can buy a modern lathe that is in current production that will make more accurate parts. This is the one that started it all, though, and its 3.5" x 8" size was the basis of the design of many of the lathes still sold today. Sitting in the top of the box is an optional saw table attachment, one of many options available for the machine. Pick up in Orangeville. Price is $500 OBO. Call Jim @ 519 217

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-Unimat-DB200-lathe-W0QQAdIdZ257359123

vpt
01-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Ohhh its got power feed! I see on ebay someone is trying to sell a unimat for $800!

legendboy
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I ran an auction for a unimat i picked up for $50 bucks at an estate sale, got $879 USD for it