PDA

View Full Version : jones@shipman cnc surface grinder

rick knight
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
currently with a new employer that has a format 5_150/allen bradley controller js grinder that no one seems to know how to use,I have gone through the manual and have only one problem,programming the dressing cycle with g codes ,when I go to run the cycle, the plot keeps giving me a out of range error.not sure what is going on,tried a few things but always the same,once I get pass this point I should be good to go,any answers!

JoeFin
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Are you using "Fixture Offsets"

Deja Vu
02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Have you gone through the extremes of travel within the dressing cycle commands? Is there a short(or malfunction if normally closed) to one of the "limits" axes that the machine features?
Parameters entered into the g-codes may have limited travel speeds or distances...not to mention directions.

If you lived across our small town, I'd bop over there and start crawling over the machine while getting the manual dirty as part associations are accumulated. If you welcomed that....;)

Pictures always help of the screen or keyboard you are programming if the problem isn't mechanical.

$0.02

rick knight
02-06-2011, 10:39 AM
not using any offsets,using program moves right out of the manual

rick knight
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
there could be a malfunction ,Iwas thinking of reinputting the s-file in case of a error in the system,the preprogram dressing forms that you input your own values works perfect,programming a straight line with the g-codes even gives me the same error

form_change
02-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't do CNC but I'm wondering whether the out of range error is because a travel limit switch is malfunctioning (jammed open/ closed/ missing/ sulking etc). Before trying to do anything with the program I'd be checking out the switches with a multimeter and possibly driving the machine along the axis to check on the limit functions.

Michael