PDA

View Full Version : Kataka Linear Actuators - And a favor

Kenwc
02-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I have an application that screams for the Linear Actuator made by Kataka in Copenhagen.

I have corresponded with them before and they said they can't yet sell to the US. I'm just very curious about how much these would cost and "where" they would sell to and wondered if one of the members across the water might email them for me and ask and see if perhaps they sell in Europe "somewhere".

Many of you have seen the vid on this but I'm including it here as well as the link to the website.....I know it's a longshot but never hurts to ask :D

Thanks

http://www.kataka.dk/pages.asp?id=5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPU9BGQL2M

macona
02-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Wow, thats neat.

djc
02-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Have you seen Spiralift? It came up when I looked at the YT video. They would be closer to home.

I correspond with someone in DK. I will point them to this thread and give them the opportunity to help.

JoeFin
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes me and my son were looking at Linear Actuators the other day too, and he has an application where he would like to use them.

Some of the ones we've seen were highly accurate (in the nano range) with a feedback apparatus but we weren't thinking any where near that range. We needed an extremely smooth "Non Vibration Inducing" actuator that can repeat in the order of 3 to 10 Hz. The Linear Actuator with the proper switching power supply looked to fill those needs

Kenwc
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank you...I appreciate that...

Have you seen Spiralift? It came up when I looked at the YT video. They would be closer to home.

I correspond with someone in DK. I will point them to this thread and give them the opportunity to help.

lynnl
02-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't get it.

The first link includes a statement that "...The spindle segments are coiled up in a storage unit inside the black box. ..."

In the image in the video the rising column appears to be a solid black, continuous object. If the details (video) were better, would it show as individual coils or laminations? ...sorta like a Slinky (except rigid)?

Kenwc
02-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't get it.

The first link includes a statement that "...The spindle segments are coiled up in a storage unit inside the black box. ..."

In the image in the video the rising column appears to be a solid black, continuous object. If the details (video) were better, would it show as individual coils or laminations? ...sorta like a Slinky (except rigid)?

To use your analogy yes...a tightly laminated slinky. That's how I see it anyway....