PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how Trud is doing.

Rustystud
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Several years back ther was an ol cuss from Edmondton Canada named Trud. He was a great machinist and had lots of wisdom. He was a regular here and other sites. Diabetes and blindness took their toll on him. I have not seen or heard anything about him in years. Does anyone know how he is doing or if he is still even alive. Miss those post where he was straightening out the worlds problems.

Nat Lambeth

DICKEYBIRD
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
He was on here before I joined in '04 but I think I read here some time back that he passed on to the heavenly machine shop up yonder.

Peter S
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
His name was Thrud (Dave Smith, I think) and he was a real character, quite unique I reckon. Very knowledgable and helpful. Unfortunately he passed away some time back (search using correct spelling, you should find details), a great loss to this forum. No more discussions about the engineering qualities of his sister's meatloaf etc. :( :(

Craig Foster
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
He was on here before I joined in '04 but I think I read here some time back that he passed on to the heavenly machine shop up yonder.

Sadly, yes, Dave "Thrud" Smith passed away a few years ago:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=28507&highlight=Dave+Smith

Alistair Hosie
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Poor Dave I used to phone him often.Can anyone tell me what's happened to David Coffer? Alistair

laddy
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Thrud was fantastic! What a gem. I miss him alot.

sasquatch
02-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Yup i remember Thrud,,,,and yes his postings were certainly entertaining.
Thrud and Geo Ewen were good friends, hoping Geo will be back in the future, i know he,s still around, getting himself reorganized after loosing his wife.

As Alistar mentioned above anyone know what became of Dave Coffer ??
He used to post some different projects, and certainly was entertaining also with his pics, and problems day to day.

Oldbrock
02-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Alistair has Bronwyn to take over his posts as we found out when he buggered up his hand. I've been thinking if I popped off there is no one to let anyone know. Guess I should think about making someone privy to my forum interests and have them at least inform the group if I chop my fingers off or something equally stupid. Anyone else have similar thoughts? Peter