PDA

View Full Version : Beer!

Peter N
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Very clever idea.

Not sure it will work for us Real Ale drinkers though, but nevertheless very ingenious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilVEdCtRE28&feature=player_embedded

Peter

mochinist
02-24-2011, 03:25 PM
hope she washed her hands

RKW
02-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I think someone posted this a while back. It is a neat idea, but does it make the beer taste better or something? What are the advantages? Seems like a money making venture to me. Special machine, special cups, maintenance, etc. Regular cups seem rather foolproof.

Peter N
02-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I think someone posted this a while back.

Apologies for that then, I haven't been on that often in the past year or so, so I probably missed it when it came up.

vpt
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
So just that little disc on the bottom keeps it from pouring out? What happens if you set the cup down on something sticking up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sOgG3h6l0&NR=1

vpt
02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I think someone posted this a while back. It is a neat idea, but does it make the beer taste better or something? What are the advantages? Seems like a money making venture to me. Special machine, special cups, maintenance, etc. Regular cups seem rather foolproof.

No foam "head" from pouring. Fast fill times without waiting for foam to settle.

Rustybolt
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Beer!

The other white meat!!!

Or is that cats?

bob ward
02-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Clever idea as long as the cups work properly. Could be good for short burst ultra high volume beer sales like half time at the football. Not that I pay the outrageous food and drink prices at those venues. ;)

KiddZimaHater
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
does it make the beer taste better or something? What are the advantages?
American Light Beer will never taste better. Unless you're a fan of tap water.
The advantages are for sports venues and arenas. Get as many people served as quickly as possible. The vendors don't have to wait for the foam to dissipate, and they can fill cups faster. And no foam is lost, so they can sell more cups of beer per keg.
COLD BEER ....NEXT !!!!

sansbury
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
This is just like the electronic pour controls on liquor bottles--it's all about yield control. No overpour, no free pours, etc. If I saw one of these in a real bar I'd leave.

gary350
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
That beer looks like some no flavor American made piss water. I hate American beer. I make home made beer it has real flavor. My favorites are British Brown Ale, German Oktoberfest, Irish Oatmeal Stout.

Cami
02-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Spülwasser suds speedily served.

On American beer: I read an interview with a Trappist monk (makers of my favourite beers) who said that he drank Budweiser and admired the consistency of their product. He added that while he would drink Budweiser, he wouldn't actually pay for it. :)

vpt
02-25-2011, 07:34 AM
yes the light beers are junk. My wife drinks that miller 64, I gave it a try and it was just like carbonated water, seriously!

MrSleepy
02-25-2011, 07:57 AM
That video reminded me of the old Rover car plant where they used to cast engine blocks by filling from the bottom upward.

Rob

Rustybolt
02-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Spülwasser suds speedily served.

On American beer: I read an interview with a Trappist monk (makers of my favourite beers) who said that he drank Budweiser and admired the consistency of their product. He added that while he would drink Budweiser, he wouldn't actually pay for it. :)

Neither would I. It's brewed from rice and gives me a headache. There are so many micro and mini brewers out there now it's stupid to buy the mass produced stuff unless you like the insipid taste.
I think lite beer was made for drunks.
Instead of a case of lite beer why not drink a six pack of a really good beer.
Last months favorite; Moose Drool Dark Ale

madwilliamflint
02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
At the urging of another thread I've been screwing around with yeast and ginger syrups and such.

I was shooting for something with a little bit more body, but knowing absolutely ZERO about the process past what I can intuit from decades of bread baking, I'm pretty pleased with the result, especially for a first attempt with no education at all.

It's very much like a mildly carbonated ginger wine.

I've got 4 other small-scale experiments fermenting, with varying proportions and varieties of sugar. Once I see how those turn out, I'll start reading about it and edumacate myself.

macona
02-25-2011, 11:58 AM
That beer looks like some no flavor American made piss water. I hate American beer. I make home made beer it has real flavor. My favorites are British Brown Ale, German Oktoberfest, Irish Oatmeal Stout.

American beer is a rather broad category. Industrial beers like Bud and Miller and Craft beers like Rogue, Windmer, and a bunch of others. I wouldnt be surprised if there are a hundred small breweries in this area, many of them producing better stuff than the imported beers.

vpt
02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, look at Wisconsins list of breweries.

http://beerme.com/region.php?108