PDA

View Full Version : Tooling sources, greater LA area

J Harp
03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Any good junk stores, flea markets, or such where a fellow might pick up a handful of drills, reamers, taps, end mills etc?

I'll be visiting in Upland and Huntington Beach next week.

squirrel
03-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Yep, ReliableTools

J Harp
03-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks squirrel.

Maybe BIL will take me there while the gals are doing their thing somewhere else.

Dale Lusby
03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I assume that's the same one that sells on ebay. Glad I live in Nor Cal or I'd be super broke living closer.

DR
03-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Yep, ReliableTools

Reliable has a pretty sad bunch of tooling, at least that's my impression from visiting there a couple years ago. And, the stuff was high priced.

Back in the day when I was in LA a couple times a year my favorites were Rosemead Machinery, Sterling, Barry Allen Sales and Machinery Center. All within a few miles of each other. Barry sold off a few years back. Sterling is still around and Rosemead may still be there, not sure about Machinery Center.

All these outfits seemed to deal primarily in tooling for manual machines which probably doesn't have much demand from machine shop customers anymore.

loose nut
03-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Car trunk, East LA.:D

Mark Hockett
03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Cal Areo Supply is always a good place to visit,
http://www.calaerosupply.com/

J Harp
03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I won't be able to get to all of them, so I'll do a bit of checking on them and check with the relatives. maybe I can get to one or two of them.