PDA

View Full Version : emco maximat mentor 10 universal quadrant

frankdeuce
03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Anyone know which universal quadrant is needed for an English version of the emco maximat mentor 10.I'm asking this because i have a universal quadrant but i can't tell if it's for my lathe or the metric one.Any help would be appreciated.

MCS
03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Anyone know which universal quadrant is needed for an English version of the emco maximat mentor 10.I'm asking this because i have a universal quadrant but i can't tell if it's for my lathe or the metric one.Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a brochure here covering the Maximat and Mentor accessoires, all parts except the specific "inch" parts like for threading are the same.

You are looking for Z14 5420 (fixed on the bed) or Z14 5430 (fixed on the support).

francesco
02-24-2016, 09:28 PM
It's in the head.You change this "banjo" as some people call it or the universal quadrant as it's called by the manufacturer to either cut metric or inch threads.My problem is i want to list it for sale but i don't know if it's to cut metric threads on an English lathe or is it for cutting English threads on a metric lathe. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Mcgyver
02-24-2016, 11:20 PM
you sure its for a 10? looking for a banjo for 7 myself (or even some good photos). I think you have to spec the bore where it clamps on, other than that whether it cuts metric or imperial is up the change gears and leadscrew