PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having trouble seeing pictures on this site?

hornluv
03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
All I'm seeing for pictures is a big black square. Nobody else seems to be talking about it so I think it's just me. Does anybody have an idea what might be going on?

Elninio
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
no problems here

lazlo
03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Are you reading the forum from work?

OpenDNS, which many corporations use, blocks ImageShack for some reason.

Elninio
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
you can try verizon's DNS 4.2.2.2 is the address

hornluv
03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Are you reading the forum from work?

OpenDNS, which many corporations use, blocks ImageShack for some reason.

Well, in the sense that I work from home, yes, but I can guarantee you the boss doesn't have anything on the computer blocking the pictures. I would definitely know about that :D

hornluv
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I just checked and I can see the pictures with Internet Explorer, but not with Firefox. Is there something that could be wrong with my browser settings?

rohart
03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Firefox's site is damn near useless for figuring that kind of problem out. It's probably an old addon you have.

Somewhere on the Mozilla site there's a page that tells you how to set up an alternative profile that doesn't have any addons installed. You have to run

firefox -ProfileManager

or some such thing. You need to find out first where your profile is stored, and get Firefox to make a new profile.

Then you run the clean version and see how that goes with images. Assuming that's OK, you then load in your addons and extensions one by one till it goes bad again, and you've got it.

I ended up running with fewer addons. I used to lose bits of ebay and youtube, and it was either my ad blocker (called proximitron - I prefer it to adblocker) or the flash version I had at the time.

There's also an addon for loading a page using IE. That can get you out of sticky problems, too.

fredf
03-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I just checked and I can see the pictures with Internet Explorer, but not with Firefox. Is there something that could be wrong with my browser settings?

Firefox can not "load images automatically" by unchecking a box, but that does not show a BLACK picture, rather a BLANK picture . . . . . Preferences/content.

do other sites show pictures?? have you tried a reboot?? What version of Firefox?? (under help/about).

J. Randall
03-11-2011, 03:59 AM
I had an add on in FireFox causing a slowdown a while back, the one that deleted super cookies. I just went into tools, and turned it off. It is still there just never have tried it again.
James

hornluv
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Well, the problem seems to have fixed itself. I did have a flash update when I turned on the computer today, so I don't know if that did it. Who knows?!?!?!