PDA

View Full Version : Price check Induma mill

jeremy13
03-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Found this mill for sale. Looks in decent shape only 3 cuts in table. Quill seams tight. I think this is a Japanese made mill. It has 1 1/2 HP motor 3ph. Variable speed pulley drive just dial it in. He wants $1500. I think it is a little high.

http://i51.tinypic.com/t6p6pj.jpg

hornluv
03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
$1500 for a variable speed mill isn't bad at all. Go check it out and listen to it run. Generally, variable speed heads have a lot of parts inside that tend to make a lot of noise when they go bad. I'm not too sure about the availability of parts. What kind of tooling comes with it? Does it take R8 tooling or something else that isn't as common? Overall, I'd probably pull the trigger on it at that price if the head didn't make a lot of noise and it takes R8 tooling.

gvasale
03-13-2011, 08:03 PM
its Italian. I have one, not vari speed, but seems that the company may or may not have recently folded. I don't know. It appears to be more heavily built than its inspirational Bridgeport. I needed a belt for mine, and even though it has a Fenner #, I had to send to Italy for it.

jeremy13
03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I did look at it today. Head had some noise but sounded like normal pulley noise. It is an R8 quill. Comes with your standard R8 set, T clamp block set and some mills and drills. And the vise in the picture and attached power feed. For $500 hell throw in a new in box Acu-rite DRO in the box never installed it.

hornluv
03-13-2011, 08:29 PM
That sounds like a very good deal to me. Variable speed, power feed, and DRO and you don't even need to buy a vise for it. Buy it before some other lucky dude does!

jeremy13
03-13-2011, 08:41 PM
The only thing that bothers me is it has a 6 month old paint job. Makes me wonder why. He said his original intentions were to paint it back in the 90ís but he needed to use it and never got around to it. Now heís moving and doesnít have room for it at the new house.

becksmachine
03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I thought Induma was Spanish? Or are they international like everyone else??

Dave

8ntsane
03-13-2011, 11:43 PM
That is the same mill that I have. It is made in Italy for sure.
The vari-speed head runs up to 4200 rpm, just a tad quicker than a Bridgy.
As far as I know, they only came in R8, and 30 spindles. The motor should be a 2 hp 3ph either 220 or 440v .They are built a little heavyer than BP.

If rhe head has a rattle, remove any tooling, and take the draw bar out, then fire it up again, check to see if the rattle stops. Any misalignment makes mine rattle. And if mine does rattle, I can just look up and see if the draw bar is running straight, this might be worth a look.

Other wise, a good machine. The vari speed head does have advantages. The 4200 rpm top speed verses the 2700 set up. Vari speed at the twist of the wheel on the front of the head, sure does help when your seaching for that rpm that will make that cutter happy.

Most Ive seen have a coolant pump, and the one shot oiler as standard equipment. The price of these Induma Mills usually is lower than a BP, but as capable machine as a BP. 1500 bucks is a good price, I suppose it depends on your location. I had mine 6 or 7 yrs now, been a damn good machine to me.

Yow Ling
03-14-2011, 03:34 AM
That is the same mill that I have. It is made in Italy for sure.
The vari-speed head runs up to 4200 rpm, just a tad quicker than a Bridgy.
As far as I know, they only came in R8, and 30 spindles. The motor should be a 2 hp 3ph either 220 or 440v .They are built a little heavyer than BP.

If rhe head has a rattle, remove any tooling, and take the draw bar out, then fire it up again, check to see if the rattle stops. Any misalignment makes mine rattle. And if mine does rattle, I can just look up and see if the draw bar is running straight, this might be worth a look.

Other wise, a good machine. The vari speed head does have advantages. The 4200 rpm top speed verses the 2700 set up. Vari speed at the twist of the wheel on the front of the head, sure does help when your seaching for that rpm that will make that cutter happy.

Most Ive seen have a coolant pump, and the one shot oiler as standard equipment. The price of these Induma Mills usually is lower than a BP, but as capable machine as a BP. 1500 bucks is a good price, I suppose it depends on your location. I had mine 6 or 7 yrs now, been a damn good machine to me.

I have an Induma 1S, it rattles, i spent a day trying to stop it , still rattles.
Definitly Italian

noah katz
03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
The only thing that bothers me is it has a 6 month old paint job.

Why's that?

Walter
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
The Indumas are definitely a nice little mill. Stouter than the bridgeports too. 1500's a bit high in my opinion. On the other hand, powerfeed, vise, nice additions. Grab that DRO the price is good. For 2k you could do alot worse. Oh, and definitely Italian.

Alistair Hosie
03-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Whay not make anoffer of $1750_$1800-ish for both take it or leave it he might bite at that for cash.You could take along some nice notes and flaunt them before his eyes saying by the time I get it home and installed with a few extras You will need to save abit for that se if he takes it I like the look of it but then I like the look of bridgeports :D Alistair

sasquatch
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
I,m no expert on this, but to me that,s a nice looking mill, and seems to me to be priced reasonably, at least it,s reasonable for my area i think.

Dr Stan
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Fortunately Italian machine tools are much better built than their cars, ie Fix It Again Tony. :D I do believe Alistair has a very good idea. Make an offer, but also be prepared to pay the asking price as I think its a good deal.