View Full Version : Need some help finding a starrett micrometer

03-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I know it shouldn't be this hard.

All I want is a new 0-1 Starrett pin micrometer. I prefer the pointyer of the two options. (I think it's the 60 degree option). Looks like two pencil points coming together.

Try as I might, I can't find them ANYWHERE. The Starrett website is a joke, MSC doesn't list them, and a web search comes up with Amazon of all places that want to sell me one.

Does anyone out there have a tooling dealer I could get with that can get me one of these things?

Dr Stan
03-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Try Travers Tool

03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Look for the Starrett #210 Screw Thread Comparator Micrometer. It is about mid page on this link;


Digital version is just below it.

03-14-2011, 11:26 PM
And MSC can often get low volume items they don't list in the catalog. Call customer service and just ask. Particularly if you have a Starrett number like Jim suggests.

03-14-2011, 11:38 PM
McMaster item number 8594A46: http://www.mcmaster.com/#8594a46/=bfrg3l

03-15-2011, 08:27 PM
E-bay is full of them . Just put in point micrometer

03-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I know it ain't STARRETT, but Mitutoyo has them listed as 'point micrometers'.

03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
What you're looking for is the STARRETT 210a Micrometer.
Here's one for sale on Ebay: Starrett 210a (http://cgi.ebay.com/STARRETT-0-7-8-SCREW-THREAD-COMPARATOR-MICROMETER-210-A_W0QQitemZ360351889071QQcategoryZ41938QQcmdZViewI temQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26it s%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252 BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D280586314466%26ps%3D63%26 clkid%3D7765732549225993374)