PDA

View Full Version : OT-Vista toolbar problem

ulav8r
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I accidentally created a toolbar from a folder on the desktop. I can not close or delete it. How do I get rid of it?

If I right click on the top of the toolbar, the pop up menu has a "Close Toolbar" selection but it is grayed out and does not work.

CCWKen
03-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Don't click on the top. Did you try to right click on an empty area of the toolbar?

fredf
03-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I accidentally created a toolbar from a folder on the desktop. I can not close or delete it. How do I get rid of it?

if I right click on the top of the toolbar, the pop up menu has a "Close Toolbar" selection but it is grayed out and does not work.

left click the name of the tool bar, select tool bars, uncheck the name of the tool bar I have 7, vista SHOULD be the same

ulav8r
03-17-2011, 12:35 AM
The only open area was at the top. The name is not visible on the bar to click on.

The toolbar contained a folder named pictures, that was on the desktop. Somehow I removed the files from the toolbar but the bar is still there.:(

krutch
03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
I lost my scanner and then my printer ability on vista, did everything the 'puter directed me to, to no avail. Got New printer/scan/fax machine and installed only to find out it wasn't the printer's fualt. Had a friend spend almost three hours to get me print capable fix. He surmised that a windows update had changed the way my print feature works. What a bunch of $h?t!

I thought I was gonna have to kidnap a five year old to get my print ability back. Only other option, kidnap the kid's momma!

fredf
03-17-2011, 09:34 PM
The only open area was at the top. The name is not visible on the bar to click on.

(

if you can right click on any part of the tool bar (excepting the double arrow that will expand it), you should get a menu with a choice of Toolbars" if you hover over Toolbars another menu pops up. One entry should be checked. uncheck it

ouch this is for a tool bar on the taskbar . . .

ulav8r
03-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Hovering over the toolbar right click menu does bring up another list of commands but they are all grayed out and not available.