PDA

View Full Version : Door stop and holder

rockrat
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
It seems that the big hardware chains control what is available anymore and it is all based on their profit margin. The good stuff is gone and the inport crap is left behind. Anyway....

I bought some specific door stops at the hardware store about 2 years back. These stops have a clip and not only prevent the door from hitting the wall but also holds it open. I like them for the summer when I don't run the AC. I can open the windows and not worry about the doors slamming shut. I paid $2-3 each for them at most.

Well, I cant find them anymore around here. Even the old time hardware stores (which are few and far between) don't seem to have them. But wouldn't you know Grainger does, for $14!

http://images.grainger.com/B329_35/images/products/450x450/Door-Stop-With-Holder-1XNL1_AS01.JPG

So, has anyone seen these anywhere different? I have been pouring through the specialty hardware web sites and I cant seem to find them anywhere but Grainger. I don't want the magnetic ones. I have one of them and I just don't like it because is picks up all the little filings that get dragged into the house.

rock~

rockrat
03-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Ok, I was searching the wrong terms. I did find that it is a National and Stanley part number N276-642 so I think that I have a lead on a store close that has them for $2.50 ea.

These are also called a shutter door holder. That was what I used to get some search results.

False alarm! Thanks all.
rock~

Duffy
03-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Isnt this another candidate for a ball turner?

Black Forest
03-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Check with a store that sells hardware for trailers. I had door holders similar to what you have pictured here on the doors of my horse trailers. Only the holder was made of a rubber like material sort of like a donut. It acted as a bumper and a holder all in one.

DaveR
03-23-2011, 05:38 PM
McMaster-Carr has them:

Part 13635A45, $4.21.

rockrat
03-23-2011, 06:45 PM
McMaster-Carr has them:

Part 13635A45, $4.21.

Funny, I tried to use mcmasters "select a part guide" and it brought back everything but that. Sometimes having a paper catalog makes all the difference.

Thanks all.
rock~