View Full Version : What clamping fixtures for thin/odd/round etc. shapes

03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
I have a 6" Kurt and a standard clamping set for Bridgeport.
When I am struggling to securely clamp some round, irregular or thin parts I always wish I had some of Mitee-Bite clamps.

Here is my question.
Mitee-Bite has a lot of different clamps.
Which one do you recommend as most universal all around clamp?
Pitbull, Hex-cam action?
I am thinking about getting this set:

any advise is appreciated.


03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I have a large Kurt D688 vise on my machine and when I turn it lengthwise on the bed, there is nothing to clamp it down with. It's as wide as my bed. I use the clamps you show there to lock my vise down. Work great.

Put I have to use keys on my vise, otherwise those are a pain to align a plate up with. You definitely need something for alignment.

Mark Hockett
03-24-2011, 11:45 PM
You can make up soft jaws for your Kurt vise.