PDA

View Full Version : I found a bearing in the tool box I bought..

cuemaker
03-28-2011, 08:11 PM
With my SB came a Kennedy tool box full of tools and the such..It also contained some bearings...

While looking through the bearings... I found an old MRC ABEC-7 bearing, 105-KRDU #7 BAKE and a Fafnir bearing... The box says set of 2, but it only had one and a used Fafnir bearing of the same quality and size, but you can tell it was the one that was replaced....

I just know ABEC-7 is supposed to mean good.. but how good? I cant seem to find info in like a brochure....

Is it resell able? I could certainly use the cash for other things for a bearing that is to big for what I need..

macona
03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
ABEC-7 is pretty standard in spindle bearings as well as the bakelite cage.

But unless these things are sealed they wont have any value.

Mcgyver
03-28-2011, 08:38 PM
that bearing has an ID of about 1".....small headstock or big rotating centre?

if its a new set, you've got the biggest challenge of making a spindle already in hand; cost of the bearings!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1s1Oq2gn_2sJ:www.intechbearing.com/7000Series-AngularContactBallBearingsABEC7-shop.html+105-KRDU&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&source=www.google.ca

cuemaker
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
ABEC-7 is pretty standard in spindle bearings as well as the bakelite cage.

But unless these things are sealed they wont have any value.

Dashed my dream of making a few hundred to pay for more tools!

Ah well, maybe I can come up with a use..

CCWKen
03-28-2011, 08:44 PM
That's an angular contact bearing (25x47x12mm) that probably goes to a grinder or similar. Pricey bearing but like Macona states, it needs to be sealed or who would buy it? If I were spending that much money to get an expensive machine going, I wouldn't be buying a second-hand bearing. But hey, there's a lot of cheapskates out there. :D Try and Ebay it.

macona
03-29-2011, 01:15 PM
The gorton mill which I re-bearinged the spindle had bearings about that size. Those should be 30mm ID. (oops, 25mm)