PDA

View Full Version : Good bike video's

John Stevenson
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Guy Martin at last years TT, fastest ever lap, AVERAGE speed of 125 mph over the 37 mile country road circuit.

First half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI

Second half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFUYIH2Ttzk

aboard_epsilon
03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
He talks as fast as he rides.

its like listening to an auctioneer or horse race commentary.

its hard to follow what he's saying in the canal boat program .

good luck to him anyway .

he also thinks very quickly ..answers come out of his mouth before you expect them to ...this must be part and parcel ..of why he's such a good rider..his mind races along at the same speed he rides ...

slightly annoying though to listen to him ..you sort of cant keep up. :D

all the best.markj

PixMan
03-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Me, I absolutely LOVE watching the Isle of Man TT races, just wish that I could be there in person as several of me mates always are. Aye, a good time as they tell me it's just the dog's bollocks to take it all in.

:D

I was rather thrilled when in 2003 Bruce Anstey riding a Triumph Daytona 600 took the Junior TT for their first IOM win in 27 years.

Just watching his video, it amazes me how those guys can remember brake markers, line and apexes for over 200 bends in the course. Just amazing. The MotoGP guys have to remember what, 14 bends and then get to try it over & over again for 37 laps. The TT guys get two practice laps and 4 race laps, and had better get it right because there's just NO runoff. Tuck the front end and yur a goner.

madman
04-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Was My Hero. i bought his Isle of Man Video. Awesome Movie.

Circlip
04-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Was listening to the TT at work in the sixties when SMB dropped the MV 4 whilst leading and on picking it back up, had developed a miss-fire. Rode it back to the pits where they took one plug out, disconnected the carb to that cylinder and sent him out again.

His lead was so much that he still won the race, despite Agro running in the same works team and being the "Star" rider.

Saw him racing at Scarborough once also in the sixties.

Regards Ian.

chrisfournier
04-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I ride my bikes at the track and really enjoy watching bike racing. I can't get enough of the MotoGP technology tidbits either!

But plain and simple, there is NO roadracing on Earth that is as exhilliarating to watch as the Isle of Man racing in all of its forms. Those guys could be riding around on boxstock GSXR600s and it wouldn't take away from the spectacle one bit. Brave or stupid I don't know but their leathers must have a bit more room sewn into the crotch area - they have HUGE balls.

I will go and watch one year, apparently the boiled burgers are deeelicious

Peter.
04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
If you can't make it to the TT - there's always the Northwest 200. It doesn't have the coverage of the TT but it's just as thrilling and dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLWbOVtzrE

darryl
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
After watching those videos, I got up from my chair, swung my leg up over the seat and went to remove my helmet :)

That was awesome. Can't wait to insure my ride now-