PDA

View Full Version : Print size on the forum

Carld
04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
So the print is to small for you and you can't figure out how to make it bigger, well I have the answer.

If you hold down the ctrl key and hit the + key the print will get bigger and each time you hit it it will get bigger. On the other hand, if you hold down the ctrl key and hit the - key the print will get smaller.

I found this by accident.

Have fun, see ya.

aboard_epsilon
04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for that ..works a treat.

enlarges the pics too..stops at 1000 percent.

all the best.markj

Carld
04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Some have complained about the type size so I though it may help them out. It may help for seeing detail on a photo too.

When I made the mistake I wasn't sure just what I had hit but after a while I realized what I was doing at the time and tried an experiment and it worked.

I hope this is helpful to some that need larger type.

bborr01
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Or you can go to the icon right above the clock at the lower right hand corner of your screen that says 100% and change it there.

Brian

Carld
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I have XP Pro and don't have the icon of which you speak. Also, what I found works only on the sites you use it on, not every thing on the screen. In that way it is selective for what you want it for.

aboard_epsilon
04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I have XP Pro and don't have the icon of which you speak.

It's there ok ..you must not have enabled it ..
or you have an old internet explorer . you should be on 8

I've lost stuff in that bottom tool bar before ..it's a lot of fiddleing to get it back ..and can never remember how. lol

I knew abouut the enlargement thing ctr -+ ..ive known several times about it ..but keep forgetting ..
but i never forget once ive posted something about it ..it's set in concrete now :) thanks

all the best.markj

JoeFin
04-05-2011, 09:53 AM
25" - 27" LCDs are a dime a dozen now. Check for the sales, especially if you work in Autocad or Cam

Just a night and day difference

Evan
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
The best thing about Windows is that it is configurable. That is also the worst thing about it. No two machines will be set up the same unless it was done by an administrator and then locked down.

What you see is not what I see and that is a nightmare for web designers. There are many ways to change the font size on the screen both within the application and for everthing in Windows globally. You can set all fonts to be any size you want including sizes that will not display correctly. You can override web page style sheets and select you own fonts to display regardless of what the web page is trying to display. You can enlarge the display in just the web browser or you can enable the magnify tool in the accessibility options in Windows Accessories.

Like this:

http://ixian.ca/pics8/fontchange.jpg

justanengineer
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
At work I keep an extra screen at a different magnification rate so all I have to do is move a window to it for a quick magnification, then move it back to the original for normal viewing. Free LCD screens seem to be a fairly common thing on craigs for some strange reason.

J.Ramsey
04-05-2011, 10:39 AM
If you hold down the ctrl key and hit the + key the print will get bigger and each time you hit it it will get bigger.

Same result as holding down the ctrl key and rolling the mouse wheel.

Carld
04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I use Google Chrome but even If I had the ctrl scroll feature using the ctrl +/- works just as fast.

bborr01
04-05-2011, 12:20 PM
There are lots of shortcuts. Google "windows shortcuts" and you will likely come up with a list of shortcuts that includes control +-.

A while back I was showing a couple some things on my laptop. I hit F11 for full screen viewing and they both asked me "what did you just do"? They are both BS degree holding people who use computers daily, but somehow the full screen shortcut was something they missed.

Brian

PS. Carl, I am also using XP on this machine.

Evan
04-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Heh. Windows also has a "Boss" key. Need to clear the screen of everything instantly?

Press and hold the "windows" key and press the letter "D". Restore by doing it again.

Carld
04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
One problem I have with getting the new features is I like and use an old GRiD brand keyboard. It just don't have some of the keys the newer boards do.

Seastar
04-05-2011, 03:18 PM
As usual the Ctrl +- doesn't work for me.
I must be cursed!!
Bill

Arcane
04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
If you use Firefox, Image Zoom is a nice Add-on feature. Also, besides Ctrl +-, pressing Ctrl in conjunction with the 0 key restores to original size.