View Full Version : Where Can I Find This Type of Deburring Tool?

04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
I can't seem to find any googling this evening. It looks basically like a triangular hand file, save that there's no teeth, just some nice, long, sharp edges (and a slightly rounded point, to make it a wee bit difficult to stab someone with one).

Not interested in the swivel headed ones at the moment, and I can find those everywhere. Thanks.

04-13-2011, 08:42 PM
It is called a triangular scraper. You'll find it now:)

Mark Hockett
04-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Enco has them,

04-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Always make my own out of a crapped out three square file. Peter

04-13-2011, 08:51 PM
You can grind your own out of a triangle file. The curvature of the wheel will grind a concave surface and they work great. I have two factory made and one I made my self before I found the factory made. The edges of the triangle file type stay sharp longer.

04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Enco url was for 'steel' ones. Heh.
Anyway, I have one I got for my Shaviv deburrer.. Heres the enco equivs:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INLMKD&PMPXNO=19495023&PMAKA=317-1637 <- solid carbide, Nice price...
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INLMKD&PMPXNO=25222213&PMAKA=328-1522 <- shaviv style, what I have..

be sure to check out the rest of the hand deburring tools in the enco catalog in the nearby pages of the catalog that those items are on. Theres some really cool bits, And the work amazingly well (Quicker then you can machine a burr off!)

04-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Enco has them,
Ding! That's it (and looks to be a better one than what Amazon has for the same price (http://www.amazon.com/Triangular-Blade-Scraper-Hardwood-Handle/dp/B001N427YO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1302745539&sr=8-13)). Thanks.

04-13-2011, 10:07 PM
In the tile section of your local home improvement store you will find a tool just like that used to clean out grout lines between tiles.

04-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Always make my own out of a crapped out three square file. Peter

yup. I like these tools a lot in one sense and have a bunch of them, but I also think they're very dangerous.....you're holding the work in hand, applyiing a fair bit of force to remove a burr with very sharp tool....if you make one use some care that you don't open yourself up. They are especially handy for, and safe I think, deburring holes/ID's

04-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Good tip when using such 'Dangerious' tools, Is don't use your other hand to force the object. Use the thumb of the hand holding the tool to force the object against the tool.

It has much better 'stoping' ability then your arms when the tool suddenly gives way.

Alternatively, Use a damn vice :) that is why you bought them.

Harvey Melvin Richards
04-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Watch ebay for these. I just picked up (10) new Noga T70 scraper blades for $2.25 plus $7.50 shipping. At $1.00 they are almost disposable.