PDA

View Full Version : Guy Lautard Videos On DVD

RKW
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Has anyone here seen Guy Lautard's videos? Specifically the one on choosing a used lathe or mill and what to look for/inspect. Now that they are available on DVD I am considering them wand was curious if anyone else had any opinions on them.

http://lautard.com/videos.htm

I have enjoyed his Machinist's Beside Reader books and still anxiously await the 4th ... if he ever gets it done. Some of us have been waiting for years. But I understand, as things change in people's lives other priorities come up.

Keith

sasquatch
04-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Interesting, haven,t seen his videos, but read his books a number of times.

Anybody know if he has started book #4???

Seems awhile back someone posted here that he,d had a split up and moved off the coast to an island ?:rolleyes:

sch
04-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I thought he was deceased?, 6-10yrs ago?

RKW
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Nope, exchanged emails with him just last year.

I thought he was deceased?, 6-10yrs ago?

RKW
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I know he has started it, I just don't know if he has wanted to work on it for a while. I'm hoping he will finish it someday, since I think many people would be interested in it.

Interesting, haven,t seen his videos, but read his books a number of times.

Anybody know if he has started book #4???

Seems awhile back someone posted here that he,d had a split up and moved off the coast to an island ?:rolleyes:

sasquatch
04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Ok, i been wondering , how old is Guy Latuard anyway, anybody know approximatley?

Sure someone told me or posted that he was in his 80,s???

RKW
04-14-2011, 08:55 PM
He's 65 (1946)

Ok, i been wondering , how old is Guy Latuard anyway, anybody know approximatley?

Sure someone told me or posted that he was in his 80,s???

sasquatch
04-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks,, He,s just still a young pup!!!:rolleyes:

chevy3755
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
hope he gets the 4th book done soon.........

Toolguy
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Me too. I have the other 3, looking for the next one.

loose nut
04-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I've seen the video on building the rifling machine. Lots of good info but the video was very amateurish quality. These may be the same.

quasi
04-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I think his website says the 4th reader will be ready in 2006!!!

Saratoga Bill
04-16-2011, 02:08 PM
yep, patiently waiting for book 4.

Bill

Chester
04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
So.............has he ever posted here, under an assumed name?? Can't imagine a guy with all that talent being able to resist putting his two cents worth into a place like this one.

Toronto Public Libraries have most of his books, but they cannot be loaned out, you can only sit there and read them at the reference library. Guess too many went "missing"

sasquatch
04-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Maybe if someone here has contact with him, they could tell him a number here are waiting on book #4 and to get his backside in gear and get it done so we could buy it from him?:rolleyes:

aboard_epsilon
04-16-2011, 06:03 PM
So.............has he ever posted here, under an assumed name?? Can't imagine a guy with all that talent being able to resist putting his two cents worth into a place like this one.

Toronto Public Libraries have most of his books, but they cannot be loaned out, you can only sit there and read them at the reference library. Guess too many went "missing"

not posted ..but member here called GuyL

all the best.markj

DFMiller
04-16-2011, 08:36 PM
If you check out his two new short stories at the end he has a few comments. They summarize what he has been up too. If I recall I had a email from him a while back describing things in more detail. I think the long and short of it is he is no longer married. I think that some of his books were part of the settlement. That might explain why he is not rushing to finish #4. ;-)
The address on his two short stories is different than the address for his books which is his former residence.
Guy's an interesting fellow. I have had the pleasure to visit with him several times. I am looking forward to his next book also.
Dave

Mark K
04-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Maybe if someone here has contact with him, they could tell him a number here are waiting on book #4 and to get his backside in gear and get it done so we could buy it from him?:rolleyes:

Oh, he knows. Among others, I bust his chops about it from time to time. We must wait patiently for the muse to finish her work. :D

Mark