PDA

View Full Version : JTS machinery and KBC Tools

wierdscience
04-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Are the two related,anybody know?

I noticed while shopping both that on like items each and every price is identical.Too much coincidence

JoeLee
04-15-2011, 12:00 AM
All the catalogs and flyers seem to look alike now a days too.

JL..............

Toolguy
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
i have a catalog of each. The pictures and prices on every page are exactly the same. Only the cover and the words across the bottom are different. They have to be closely connected. That can not be a coincidence.

duckman
04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
What I usually do is check the address, especially the zip code they can't hide that, a lot of times they will use a PO box, or just do a Google search for each business.

Elninio
04-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I filed a report for an error in the KBC catalogue (you get 10$ for doing so), and still haven't gotten a reply a month later. Damn you, KBC!

gunrunnerx
04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
I think KBC must do that with several suppliers. I purchased some tools from KBC, then a few weeks later purchased from Huron Industrial Supply. Prices were the exact same. When I recieved the tools, the Huron bill looked exactly like the KBC bill, except Huron info was stamped on the bill and the top where the KBC info was on the other bill was cut off.

Interesting. I find it hard to trust companies that do that. Everything went well, prices and shipping were reasonable, but just felt like I was......I dont know, lied to? Still debating in my mind if I'll buy from them again or not.

kbc
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
dear elninio,

where did you send the error you found in the kbc catalog? could you send it directly to me and your address or fax number so i can send you a coupon for finding the error, unless it was already listed on the website when you sent it in.

thanks for keeping us on our toes. sometimes after we've proofed the catalog and proofed and proofed again, we just can't see straight. with the help of our team and our clients we get better all the time.

thanks,
paula
kbc tools

wierdscience
04-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Okay,soooo......back to my original question,is KBC affiliated with JTS or others?

Or is it a case of having multiple "brands" for different markets? Enquiring minds want know:)

squirrel
04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I spoke with KBC rep a few months ago and they are one of last suppliers that is not owned by the MSC group. Recently Rutland hit the dirt and MSC picked them up so it is extremely hard to find out who owns what.

PixMan
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
There's a LOT of smaller distributors out there who get most of their products from places like Production Tool Supply or Washington Supply, the latter of which MSC just bought. Many of them take the PTS catalog and/or flyers, have them printed with their own names and contact info and out to you & I.

kbc
04-28-2011, 12:52 PM
dear gentlemen,

we put out our own catalog and flyers. we have an in house art department which we think does a great job keeping our flyers fresh, colorful, and lively. we are a privately owned family business since 1965......and still going strong.

we do not own jts or huron industrial.

we supply to thousands of industrial distributors in north america and tens of thousands of manufacturers.

have a great day machining,
paula
kbc tools

lazlo
04-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I've noticed that the JTS and KBC catalogs are nearly identical as well. I asked a JTS rep, and they said the same thing as KBC -- basically, it was just a coincidence.

KBC's headquarters is in Detroit, JTS in Mentor, Ohio. None of KBC's braches are anywhere near Ohio. Go figure...

38_Cal
04-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Having worked for twenty years for a catalog company, one of the things I learned is that there are only a couple of ways to show a product that are going to give as much information as possible in a single photo. Because of that, it's usually coincidence when two separate companies have a similar photo of the same item. Of course, it's possible that the art department of one firm may copy (either as an unconscious or conscious decision) the style of the more successful company...:D :rolleyes:

David