PDA

View Full Version : Ad tells it like it "is"...

RussZHC
05-13-2011, 05:53 PM
As many women are, in my house, I am the voice of reason.

"Why do you need a 600lbs wood lathe?" I asked my husband.

The answer? "It was free."

We do not have any place to store it properly, and it's only been used once since we were 'blessed' with it. If you laid awake at night, dreaming of owning a ginormous wood lathe, then this is the beast for you. Otherwise, it has a lot of good solid 'bones' to offer up to scavengers. I also have an old furnace and hot water heater that could be scrapped too.

The ad it titled: "Wood lathe/scrap metal"

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-WOOD-LATHE-SCRAP-METAL-W0QQAdIdZ282050575

sasquatch
05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Russ i saw that ad a bit ago. Yup a huge swing woodlathe,, guy must have been turning tree trunks!!!!!!:D

wierdscience
05-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Dumb bitch.

bruto
05-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Too bad it's so far away. Custom porch posts anyone? Four poster bed posts all in one piece? Coopered flower pots with hand turned finish? Nice tool.

saltmine
05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Huge wooden salad bowls?

Dan Dubeau
05-13-2011, 09:29 PM
I saw that last night, and briefly thought about going to pick it up today. But then I realized my wife would just cut and paste and repost that add. Plus the fact that I've exhausted all my "can you come give me a hand lifting this out of my truck, it's not that heavy" favours from all my buddies. Tough decision as I'd really like to have a big old heavy iron wood lathe, and I am staring at 3 ugly columns on my porch right now.....

justanengineer
05-13-2011, 09:38 PM
To me that would be a divorce brewing, then again, I likely wont ever get to that point. When things get left outside is when I let them go.

RussZHC
05-13-2011, 09:42 PM
I posted this "ad" for a number of reasons...I too would love to have something like it and the uses would not matter all that much esp those who have those large porch posts as to me it would pay for itself in a single use (and if you had time/inclination, in some places there may also be a ready market for such product)

BUT primarily because I have yet to "stumble" into these free items that some of you are blessed with...locally tomorrow happens to be a "give away" day (drop your stuff by the curb and others can come pick over it) and I KNOW it will be far closer to garbage than anything remotely useful to nearly all...
the other main reason was I know I haul home all sorts of "useful" stuff that sits and end up tossing out as you run out of room and need space to replace it with newer to me "useful" crap...gotta say, its that border line hoarder syndrome

Mcgyver
05-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Dumb bitch.

sexist dumb bitch

rode2rouen
05-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Dumb bitch.

Thanx fekker, I just blew a big swig of Dr.Pepper all over my monitor!

Rex