X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radkins
    • Sep 2008

O/T more spam!

You would think they would at least get their English right!

Seems almost every day now I get a notice I that I have received a "parcel" at the post office/UPS/DHL (take your pick, they try all of them) and I need to "click here", yeah right! Today I got this one (even though I didn't order anything) and thought it was just plain funny!

"Your parcel is arrived at the office of posta, please click at below to receive information"

I bet I would receive some "information"!

I also received one yesterday from the IRS, it was from the "IRS mailer" and I urgently needed to contact them at the link below!

It is simply unbelievable that enough people fall for this BS to make it worth the trouble to these guys but apparently it is, in fact a lot of suc....err people must fall for this nonsense because it is increasing in frequency instead of going away.
  • garagemark
    • Feb 2009

Indeed millions of people (even some smart ones) do fall for this kind of scam/spam/phishing/hacking, or whatever you want to call it. People are naturally greedy (or in some cases needy), and the mere thought of making some quick bucks, getting something for nothing, or winning something can be overwhelming to a lot of naive folks.

Sad, but just part of life these days.

Comment

• EddyCurr
      • May 2009

I'm not having a problem.

Are the spammers somehow selectively hacking the forum email list or are
      they merely joining and sending messages to individual members through
      the member-to-member email facility?

My default is to have email from other members turned off in the forums
      I belong to.

Comment

• mochinist
        • Oct 2003

your spam filter must suck, what are you using to check email?

I use gmail for my two main emails and also have Thunderbird on my home computer, checking the email that comes free with my ISP and I hardly see any spam on any of them.

It is simply unbelievable that enough people fall for this BS to make it worth the trouble to these guys but apparently it is, in fact a lot of suc....err people must fall for this nonsense because it is increasing in frequency instead of going away.
        with a quick google search it tells me there is 2,095,006,005 internet users, with those kind of numbers, you dont need a high percentage of them to click to still get some decent results

*no idea how I did that to the font
        Guru of something…

Comment

• rohart
          • Aug 2002

You've obviously got a virus, mochinist !
          Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

• jdunmyer
            • Oct 2005

with a quick google search it tells me there is 2,095,006,005 internet users, with those kind of numbers, you dont need a high percentage of them to click to still get some decent results
            Just read an article in the paper about some Phishers: they sent out 300,000 emails, got 10 bites, made about $50,000.00. Fortunately, they got caught.

A couple of days ago, I got an offer to buy 300,000 email addresses so I could send out my own spam. (!)

I receive 300-400 messages/day, about 90% are spam. The problem originated from putting mailto: links on my web pages, way back in the day. Of course, once on the spammer's lists, it's impossible to get off them.

Comment

Working...
            X