PDA

View Full Version : this looks cheap ????

Alistair Hosie
06-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Wow looks like someone will get a great deal with this possibly ! Alistair

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190545633099&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Mcgyver
06-23-2011, 03:06 PM
well its already green.....have at it....you know you want it

Alistair Hosie
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Mcgyver I need this big brute like a hole in the head or a vacuum in the brainbox.But seriously it is a great machine for someone making anything needing to be plastic formed.I actally had a very much smaller set up in dentistry for making gumshields and some orthodontic splints etc,This is a monster by comparison.Wow green indeed.:D;) :rolleyes: Alistair

gwilson
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I just made out: Amazon listed Nicholson triangular 6" smooth cut files for $3.99 per package of 12. It repeated pack of 12 several times on the page. I ordered 7 packages,and some other guys on a woodworking forum did,too.

Very soon the price jumped to $57.00 and change per package. I have checked my account,though,and the deal is done and can't be cancelled or changed.

I have bought Govt. surplus sets of Grobet needle files cheap several times at flea markets or gun shows. One time I bought 6 sets,brand new,for $3.00 a set. These come out of armories I have heard,and are always #2 cut. I thought this was akin to one of those deals,but apparently they screwed up and have to honor the orders made before they changed their price.

paulsv
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I just made out: Amazon listed Nicholson triangular 6" smooth cut files for $3.99 per package of 12. It repeated pack of 12 several times on the page. I ordered 7 packages,and some other guys on a woodworking forum did,too.

Very soon the price jumped to $57.00 and change per package. I have checked my account,though,and the deal is done and can't be cancelled or changed.

I have bought Govt. surplus sets of Grobet needle files cheap several times at flea markets or gun shows. One time I bought 6 sets,brand new,for $3.00 a set. These come out of armories I have heard,and are always #2 cut. I thought this was akin to one of those deals,but apparently they screwed up and have to honor the orders made before they changed their price.

I lost out on a deal like that. MSC advertised a pack of 5 spotting drills on Amazon for around $8. I ordered the 5-packs in a couple different sizes, and they sent me only one of each size. I complained to both MSC and Amazon that they had shorted me four drills on each item, and sent them pdf copies of the item pages I had ordered from, which clearly said they were packs of five. MSC simply cancelled the order, and refunded my money, and Amazon wouldn't do anything aout it. I ended up getting two spotting drills for free, but didn't get what I ordered. I checked back on the items several weeks later, and it still said they were selling packs of 5 for $8.

gwilson
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I hope this comes out alright. I checked my account just after they jumped their prices to the correct amount for 12 files. The info said I had ordered 7 packages of 12 at $3.99 each,and the order could not be changed or cancelled. I did print out my receipt to keep.

I have heard of them refunding to another guy who was promised a PACK of bosch jigsaw blades,and got 1. He was allowed to keep the 1.

I don't want to waste $15.00 for postage sending these to me and then back again.

They still had some 12 package triangular files for a bit over $4.50. I went to order 6 packages,but they tried to charge separately on shipping for each package. The shipping was $33.00. I didn't order as I didn't need the files that much.

Alistair Hosie
06-24-2011, 07:42 AM
What has that got to do with my post. :D Alistair