PDA

View Full Version : I had some Swiss sheep to shear today!

Black Forest
07-30-2011, 12:45 PM
These sheep came by today from Switzerland to get shorn! I took a video but I am not posting that!!!!! It was hilarious. All these beautiful Swiss ladies baaaaing like sheep. The one lady is on the table and the rest are lined up at the entrance to the chute.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/burnandreturn/swisssheep.jpg

Black_Moons
07-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Nice, Now those are some sheep im sure we can all agree we would like to do unmentionable things to. :P

danlb
07-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Looks like the redhead was already shorn.

You really need to explain more. :) A local "youth farming" group? Daughter's friends?

BTW, the use of that BOSCH tool case as a control box is clever. I may run to the local flea market to see what I can score to use for control cases.

Dan

jkilroy
07-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Just *what* kind of videos are you making?

davidwdyer
07-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Judging by the look on the face of the first one in line with the blue striped top, she has already caught on to you.

I think you might call that look well..... somewhat sheepish.

Alistair Hosie
07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
You sound like the preverbial lonely male :D John used to have a blow up sheep maybe he will lend it to you now with a bit of lipstick eyeshadow er maybe not:D Alistair

Rustybolt
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh.My!
Thems lambs, ewe know.

John Stevenson
07-30-2011, 04:46 PM
You sound like the preverbial lonely male :D John used to have a blow up sheep maybe he will lend it to you now with a bit of lipstick eyeshadow er maybe not:D Alistair

Used to have one being the operative word, lent it Alistair and never got it back. It was hardly used as well.................

doctor demo
07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
These sheep came by today from Switzerland to get shorn! I took a video but I am not posting that!!!!! It was hilarious. All these beautiful Swiss ladies baaaaing like sheep.
Posting that picture was a baaahhhd idea.

Steve:)

davidwdyer
07-30-2011, 07:00 PM
They look like they're about to get fleeced.

But you're not pulling the wool over their eyes.

(No machining content to this thread whatsoever.)

sasquatch
07-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Man!! I,m going to take up sheep farming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Toolguy
07-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah - me too! No kidding - don't want goats, just lambs.:rolleyes:What I want to know is how to get them corralled to begin with.

sasquatch
07-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Just feed them well, talk nice to them, pet them all equally, and they'll just follow you around, they'll make dandy house pets too.:D :rolleyes:

BadDog
07-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Used to have one being the operative word, lent it Alistair and never got it back. It was hardly used as well.................
You wanted it back?

sasquatch
07-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Re: wanted it back??

Yeah, i wondered about that too,, the poor thing was probably covered in patches, from air leaks!!!

But maybe john was ,,, you know ,, the first,, so he has some sentimental attatchment to it.

(Wonder if he had a name for it,, what would it be??) any guesses????:D

Toolguy
07-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Probably Screw Ewe.

Black Forest
07-31-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah - me too! No kidding - don't want goats, just lambs.:rolleyes:What I want to know is how to get them corralled to begin with.

That is where the Border Collies come into play.

As to no machining content......there are lots of parts on that machine that were machined and made with the help of the members on this forum.

.RC.
07-31-2011, 01:33 AM
cows are better, don't have to shear them...

JRouche
07-31-2011, 03:10 AM
cows are better, don't have to shear them...

Not to mention they taste better... But really, Pigs are the best meat (and no fur to deal with). Snout to tail..... JR

davidwdyer
07-31-2011, 05:13 AM
That is where the Border Collies come into play.

As to no machining content......there are lots of parts on that machine that were machined and made with the help of the members on this forum.

Oh, there is a machine is the picture somewhere in the backbround. I hardly noticed. Actually I did follow your thread with some interest as, sometime in the past, we did raise sheep.

Rustybolt
07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Just feed them well, talk nice to them, pet them all equally, and they'll just follow you around, they'll make dandy house pets too.:D :rolleyes:

You've never had teenage girls , have you.

Alistair Hosie
07-31-2011, 12:58 PM
John it was perfect never complained or answerred with lip or backchat and never got a headache. Alistair