PDA

View Full Version : Discount Machine Shop

Steve Seebold
08-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I bought a 4 x 4 x 4 angle plate from Discount Machine Shop on EBAY on July 12. Money was taken from my paypal account on July 14 and I still don't have the angle plate.

The angle plate was coming from Shars. I have purchased from Shars in the past and never had a problem, but I am thinking this will be the only 2 times I purchase from Discount Machine Shop. FIRST AND LAST.

Shars is a great company to deal with. Discount Machine Shop, forget it.

Dr Stan
08-01-2011, 11:01 AM
File a complaint with EBay.

Black_Moons
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
2 weeks? Boy you whine quick. Around here 3 weeks+ to deliver means it got kicked around customs for 2 weeks and 6 days.

Remind me not to sell anything to you.

Steve Seebold
08-01-2011, 11:19 AM
File a complaint with EBay.

I've done that and they tell me to contact the dealer. The dealer tells me it has been shipped.

lazlo
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
I've done that and they tell me to contact the dealer. The dealer tells me it has been shipped.

That's not filing a complaint.

File an "Item Not Received or Substantially Different Than Described" claim here:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Ebay will rule in your favor. But you're also not giving it enough time -- the surface plate may be dropped-shipped from China.

gary350
08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
According to the rules you have 45 days to file a refund claim with paypal. Big companies ofter will not reply to email. I would send an email to see what they have to say. Ask for a tracking number. No matter what they say file a refund claim anyway you can always cancel the claim. If you miss your 45 day deadline there is nothing you can do. By filing a claim it forces the company to get off there butt they have about 10 days to send you the item other wise you get a refund.

There is a down side to filing a claim, if the company is planning to send you the item but not for another 3 weeks they will let you have your refund and send you nothing. You get your money back and the company acts like you never bought anything from them. I have been down this road a few times I usually give them about 35 days before I file the claim.

Arthur.Marks
08-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Agreed entirely on filing a complaint... unless they provide a tracking number which definitively shows "delivered", you win.

That said, just call 'em. Shars IS Discount Machine Shop. It is just their eBay moniker. One and the same.

radkins
08-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes Shars and discount machine are the same outfit and buying from discount machine on E-Bay is the same as ordering from Shars, they don't always deliver so fast either!

lugnut
08-01-2011, 01:33 PM
You have to remember that you bought the plate from DMS then they in turn go and buy it from some Chinese dealer in China, then after the plate passes customs in China it's put on the most cost effective slow boat to the US and then if your luck and it does not spend a week end or holiday in some warehouse, it gets shipped to your address.:eek:

platypus2020
08-01-2011, 02:18 PM
You have to remember that you bought the plate from DMS then they in turn go and buy it from some Chinese dealer in China, then after the plate passes customs in China it's put on the most cost effective slow boat to the US and then if your luck and it does not spend a week end or holiday in some warehouse, it gets shipped to your address.:eek:

Thus becoming the very famous Slow Boat from China. The last item I had drop shipped from China took 6 weeks, from their door to mine.

jack

MichaelP
08-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Just call Shars, and they'll give you an update. They will not steal your money, I can assure you. Try to avoid speaking to the bunch of youngsters who take orders and don't know what they're talking about. Ask for Cindy.