PDA

View Full Version : OT: Amazing Wrestling Move

TGTool
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
This is an interesting short video of a very interesting wrestling approach.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/ellis-coleman-takedown-greco-roman-wrestling_n_914979.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk1%7C220724

But it reminds me of an old joke. Sorry, it's not in the joke section.

The story is that it's coming up to the Olympic finals and it's Russia versus the US. The Russian champion is legendary and the US coach is giving his guy some advice and instructions.

"Listen," he says, "Watch out for this guy. He's reported to have developed something called the Pretzel Hold and no one, once tangled up, has ever been known to extricate himself. Futhermore, there are some whispers coming out of Russia that one or two guys have actually died. So whatever you do, make sure you stay out of that Pretzel."

The US wrestler listens, nods, he's all warmed up and it's the start of the match. Only about 40 seconds into the match the Russian has gotten a takedown and a moment later the US wrestler is bound up in the infamous pretzel hold. The coach is shaking his head. It's all over for his guy when something amazing happens out on the mat. Suddenly the US has a reversal and moments after that a pin. The US wrestler limps over to his amazed coach.

The coach can't believe what he's just seen. No one has ever been known to work his way out of the hold, let alone go on to win a match against the Russian. Furthermore, the coach couldn't even tell what had actually happened in that short time. "Tell me what happened out there." he says, "I've never seen anything like that in all my life."

"Well," the wrestler says, "I was trying to stay alert and avoid his hold, but he was so fast, and before I knew it, there I was wrapped up, practically on my head. I figured I was done for, but I looked around there there was something hanging just over my head. I figured I had nothing left to lose so I just stretched up and took a big bite. Coach," he said, "you have NO IDEA the strength you get when you've just bitten yourself in the nuts!"

Alistair Hosie
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow when you think about it there's a large element of truth in that statement.I personally could never stoop so low.Alistair

TGTool
08-02-2011, 02:26 PM
You might get some help. Know any Russians? :D

jeremy13
08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Ha Ha love it "The Flying Squirrel"