PDA

View Full Version : Modern Gobbler

flylo
08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I just bought a used Modern Gobbler. Has anyone used one of these? This thing eats 1/4" steel @ 48" per minute. Like a knife thru hot butter. You guys probably know all about these but I'm new & impressed. It you haven't seen one check out the video at their website. :D

Black_Moons
08-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Ah, its like my air nibbler?

Can you post a video of it in use? What shape chips does it make?

the most annoying part of my air nibbler is it makes millions of crecent moon chips that LOVE nothing more then to stick into shoes and fall out on the floor, or ruin floors..

flylo
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Chips are about 1/4" chunks. Here's the link just click on "watch the movie". http://www.modernnibbler.com/gobblers.htm It came with all the parts for a complete rebuild but I don't I'll ever need them as the spares we're bought in '95 & it seem to cut faster than in the clip & I didn't use lube. Check it out, it will do 3/8" as mine is a different model than shown.

Black_Moons
08-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Very cool, Could We get some pics of the jaws? I tryed clicking on the 'click to enlarge' but it just came up a 404 :rolleyes:

flylo
08-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I'll try by the weekend. Thanks!

gary hart
08-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Have one and it is impressive how quick it can go thru steel. Also it amazing how fast it can cover the floor with chips. Always wanted to see if it could be mounted upside down and stationary and then move the work thru it. Think it would be handy if it worked that way.

Dawai
08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
WOW... there's a used one on ebay right now for $850...

(I think I'll use my plasma cutter for a while longer)