PDA

View Full Version : Am I being picky

johnnyf
08-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Okay I broke down and bought a set of everede boring bars from travers tool. Just received them and the metal box is all dented up from the bars banging around inside. I could probably live with the box but there supposed to be new. Am i being to picky seems like i have been having this trouble with a lot of things lately. Does anybody know how to pack anymore.

john

Robin R
08-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I think a fair few Americans have it figured out. Does this mean you are going to return the boring bars in person?

sasquatch
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I have had a few things beat up after comming through the mail.

In the last while i bought a considerable-to me anyway-amount of tooling from KBC tools.

It came by both courier and post office, and it was packed perfect, no problems at all.

A friend of mine who deals in fossils though just got a box back he,d shipped, and geez it looked like someone had booted it all around the post office!!

Yup,,, i,d take your'e box back and ask for a new one!!

Boucher
08-08-2011, 11:36 PM
I think that you will like the Everede boring bars. Mine came in a wooden block and cardboard boxes.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/boucherbyron/IMG_0135Small.jpg
I prefer to store mine horizontally on a piece of left over trim that has grooves. That has worked better for me. I would just toss the metal box.

Carld
08-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Everede is a quality company. I think you should call Travers and tell them about the shipment and see what they will do. The bars should have been separated in the metal box. Perhaps that set was a return from someone else.

Dr Stan
08-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Yes contact Travers about this. It's my favorite supply house because they have always treated me right including making things right on the very rare occasion there was a problem.

johnnyf
08-09-2011, 01:02 AM
A friend turned me on to the everede style bars. He really likes how well they cut. I have always had good luck with travers. Im sure they will exchange its just a hassle to ship back.

john

SGW
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
For what Everede boring bars cost, I think you're entitled to decent box.

flylo
08-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I had UPS Break 5 things in a row. One was a chain saw! One was a laser printer in a box in a plastic bag which they left in the rain bag open side up just where the over hang dumped all the water into the bag. We have 3' overhangs if they put it by the door it would have been fine. Reported all 5 to the sellers who filed a claim. UPS has 5 days to inspect no one ever showed up. Fed-Ex damaged 2 things, again no shows(one was over $300). No damage from ever from USPS. Call the seller & you'll probable get a new set & keep these too.